Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

help!check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rhondahonda is an unknown quantity at this point
help!check engine light

i got hit by a deer (yes he hit me) and i took my 04 civic ex in for repairs. i was supposed to get it back 2 weeks later and on the day of pick up the manager of the auto body shop called me and said that my check engine light was on and asked if this was something new. well, since i dropped it off to him without it on i advised him yes this is something new. they kept the car another couple of days running the diagnostics and said that one of the O2 sensors was bad causing the spark plugs to misfire. they replaced the O2 sensor and gave me back the car. it was running rough for about 2 or 3 days till we could change the spark plugs. we changed the spark plugs and all was fine for about a week. my car starts bucking when i go over 45 mph, the check engine light has never gone off (after having reset it 4 times now) and now there is a metalic grinding noise going from under the hood when i hit the gas. i called the auto body shop back and the manager said that he doesnt know whats going on with my car. can anyone offer any help or suggestions? im at my ropes end with this situation and just want my car to run like it did when i dropped it off....like NORMAL!
Old 11-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: help!check engine light

What code are you throwing? Where is the grinding noise coming from?