Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

cheap o2 sensor now fuel pressure regulator CEL !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeffconnell12 is an unknown quantity at this point
cheap o2 sensor now fuel pressure regulator CEL !!

Hey so two days ago I replaced my front o2 senor..with a cheaper one (I know dumb) and my CEL went off, however when I accelerated there is a serious lag in actual acceleration (immediately after installation), then a day later my CEL comes back on reading fuel pressure regulator, so if I buy a new o2 sensor - a quality one, will this fix my fuel regulator?? Thanks!
Old 06-29-2011
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Re: cheap o2 sensor now fuel pressure regulator CEL !!

Let this be a lesson to you about cheap online parts.

What brand did you buy? I would try to send it back and get an exact fit Bosch. Again, pull off the plastic cap and put it straight into the exhaust. No messing around, don't knock it on the exhaust, don't touch it, don't breathe on it, nothing. Just install. Once you know that you got a good o2 sensor clear the code. If it continues, do a idle relearn. If that doesn't fix it, then start worrying about the FPR.
Old 06-29-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,452 Likes on 1,205 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: cheap o2 sensor now fuel pressure regulator CEL !!

04 vic... Did you buy a narrow band or a wideband? 03+ uses wideband, which are more expensive... 01-02 uses narrow band, which are 50 bucks or so... wideband are 'round 250 bucks... might not be a matter of buying "quality" ones, rather the right ones...