Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Drivers door lock 03 Civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nmastereal is an unknown quantity at this point
Drivers door lock 03 Civic LX

I live in chicago and I dont know if it was the cold weather or oldness of the car but another person who drives my car was unlocking the car with the key and the car door didnt unlock, it just turns with nothing happening. so now i have to go around the car to open it up, this is getting ridiculous i was wondering how to fix this/ what is wrong.
Old 12-16-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Drivers door lock 03 Civic LX

might be the door lock actuator, its just too weak to open the door. you have to remove the door panel to replace it.
Old 12-16-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nmastereal is an unknown quantity at this point

when you remove the door panel isnt there a metal panel under that? how do you remove that?
Old 12-16-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you cant, but there are large holes that you can stick your hand in.
Old 12-17-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nmastereal
I live in chicago and I dont know if it was the cold weather or oldness of the car but another person who drives my car was unlocking the car with the key and the car door didnt unlock, it just turns with nothing happening. so now i have to go around the car to open it up, this is getting ridiculous i was wondering how to fix this/ what is wrong.
I would inspect the mechanical linkage (metal bar) connected to the back of the lock cylinder to make sure it is still in place.