Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

brake popping noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jacksmash is an unknown quantity at this point
brake popping noise

Hi,

So, a few weeks ago a friend of mine helped me to change the front rotors on my 05 Civic (manual trans.). I'm pretty confident that this noise has only happened since then:

It doesn't happen all of the time, but when the car has decelerated to a relatively slow speed (maybe around 20km), sometimes as I'm pressing the brake there is a bit of a "pop" sound that I can hear and slightly feel with my foot. It's hard to say for sure, but it sounds like it's coming from the front right of the car area.

My first step is to go pick up a jack and a couple of stands, remove the wheel and make sure everything is still tightened, but I wanted to mention it here in case there are any suggestions or whether anyone has had a similar issue.

I should say that the braking itself does not feel the slightest bit different, i.e., it seems that everything is normal with the exception of the noise.

Thanks for any replies!