Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

seized engine? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
seized engine? HELP!

long story short i parked my car. when it got time for me to leave i tried starting it and the engine didnt crank over. i tried push starting it thinking it was just my starter... no good, did not even hear engine attempt to spin.. no engine sounds or anything. i am very good at pushing starting my car alone lol. then i got 5 of my buddies to help me push start it, we were going about a good 15 mph and my car just came to a complete halt, no engine sounds. now we were all thinking it was seized. i then attempted to turn the crank pulley bolt and got no luck their either.

SUMMARY: i parked my car (car was running perfectly fine). tried to start it later and symptoms say that my engine is seized. wtf?!

any helpful words on my situation? if it did get seized how would that happen when i manually turned off my engine prior to it running a few hours before? is there anything else to check that i am missing? the onyl other thing that comes to my head is checking to see if something is jamming my flywheel, but i was thinking a 15mph push start would have destroyed anything blocking the flywheel. my head is spinning circles onto how this can possibly happen.

thanks for any help in advanced.

Last edited by civicsrcool; 08-07-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-06-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: parked my car. now engine is seized?!@

TTT. i need some input guys!
Old 08-07-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: seized engine? HELP!

hydrolock?? Time belt?
Old 08-07-2009
Registered!!

no hydrolock, no water at the moment here in vegas. if it was hydrolocked it would have died then and there. even if the timing belt was snapped the bottom end should still be able to move no?
Old 08-07-2009
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

your starter could be stuck engaged
Old 08-08-2009
Registered!!

if so then i coulda push started, bump
Old 08-08-2009
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

Not necessarily, if your starter has gotten jammed against the flywheel it may not do anything. Pull the starter and then see if you can crank it over by hand. Check the oil level, if it's out, your block is probably seized. Check your battery, no electricity means no running engine.. period. However that shouldn't affect the turning it by hand thing. And on a shameless plug, I've got a block just sitting in my garage needing a new home.
Old 08-08-2009
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Well at least you didn't call dibs on something he owns if he parts out as a result.

Bang the starter with a hammer (seriously) and it will probably unseize. That will get you to Vatozone so you can buy a new.
Old 08-09-2009
Registered!!

i previously had already removed the starter and could spin it by hand. prior to that i had already wacked the starter with my breaker bar while starting it. i used a 500amp instant jump start thing as well, no go. all fluids are good. god i hate my car.
Old 08-09-2009
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

Did you try to turn the motor over with no starter? If the motor will crank by hand with the starter out, then you found your problem.. go get a new starter.
Old 08-11-2009
Registered!!

^^ yes i have. i can turn the starter by hand as well.
Old 08-12-2009
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

take it to a shop
Old 04-26-2018
Registered!!

Lilslamdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
long story short i parked my car. when it got time for me to leave i tried starting it and the engine didnt crank over. i tried push starting it thinking it was just my starter... no good, did not even hear engine attempt to spin.. no engine sounds or anything. i am very good at pushing starting my car alone lol. then i got 5 of my buddies to help me push start it, we were going about a good 15 mph and my car just came to a complete halt, no engine sounds. now we were all thinking it was seized. i then attempted to turn the crank pulley bolt and got no luck their either.

SUMMARY: i parked my car (car was running perfectly fine). tried to start it later and symptoms say that my engine is seized. wtf?!

any helpful words on my situation? if it did get seized how would that happen when i manually turned off my engine prior to it running a few hours before? is there anything else to check that i am missing? the onyl other thing that comes to my head is checking to see if something is jamming my flywheel, but i was thinking a 15mph push start would have destroyed anything blocking the flywheel. my head is spinning circles onto how this can possibly happen.

thanks for any help in advanced.
still on here? Ever figure out what the problem was? Having exact same issue with my car
Old 04-26-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

It's a 9 year old thread.
Please start your own thread and describe what happened, etc.