Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

What you guys think ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oilchange is an unknown quantity at this point
What you guys think ?

Own a civic 2001 ex automatic

When parked uphill at a stoplight (after a 30min drive ) the vehicle won't go! Car is on D, shift to R and still nothing. As if the car was on neutral! Shift without holding a brake pedal! :/ ? I'm not going to jump to a conclusion saying it's a transmission straight up. I did some research and came up with:

A: Torque Converter
B: Solenoids
C: Faulty electronics <-- did a diagnostic, all PASS.

My opinion is pointing at a Torque converter. " When I give it gas,

If any ideas, it'll help. Thanks for your time!
Old 05-25-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What you guys think ?

yeah prolly the torque converter. when parking on a hill, its always wise to set the e-brake before stepping off the brake pedal. that will put the load on the rear brakes instead of the trans. when you get ready to drive again, start car and hold the brake, then release the e-brake. it will save your trans in the long run.