Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misbah will become famous soon enough
Cruise Control

Ok, so it's no biggy. But I like the car in perfect mechanical order, and this takes away from that. My cruise control light on the switch does not come on when I push it. Cruise control still works. Just, the LED light on the switch doesn't come on. Before it would come on erratically, now it be straight dead yo. I presume it's something small, something dinky, but the haynes manual doesn't cover this, and I haven't found it in my search of this forum either. Honda will probably charge me my first born and my soul to even look at it, so any help will be appreciated! Thanks.
Old 10-31-2007
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Cruise Control

The bulbs die quickly. Some of the part #s for a couple CC switch bulbs are on the site for 7th generation models. Easiest IMO to get the bulb/socket assemblies from the dealer $3-$4 each.
Old 10-31-2007
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... I wish my bulb would die. I hate having that stupid bright light on at night.
Old 10-31-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Wow... I wish my bulb would die. I hate having that stupid bright light on at night.
electrical tape works great here
Old 11-01-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misbah will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the help guys. I don't care for the cruise control light either, it is rather bright in that odd left corner when driving at night, but I do appreciate it because I forget that it's on and I leave it on alot. I do alot of long distance driving between Austin and Houston so it gets used alot.
Old 11-01-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i took out all my side light bulbs from that section lol it was too distracting at night. i dont need a light to tell me somethings on. but its just a bulb to change with a green condom on it. you could even buy one at the store and wrap the contacts around the holder. easy fix. open coin tray, remove single screw inside, yank out panel piece, and pop out the switch from the back. the light is on the side, just twist the base with a flat screwdriver.