Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

turbo whistle

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough
turbo whistle

today i got my car back after fixing the clutch slave .. and i didn't have it for a week, i went slow with it .. and at the end of the night, i decide to do one pull..
So i rip it in first gear, put it to second, and at 5000 rpm the car just kinda choked like as if u OVER REVed... but i noticed i wasn't redlined, so i stop the car, scared cuz of my incident on the dyno with my vacuum lines breaking, so i check all my t-fittings, their on there tight, the wastegate, bov lines are fine, everything seems normal .. so i get in my car and drive, watching the afr, its all good, scared to boost, i just gas it a lil and i hear a WHISTLING.. i tried again, after the next stop sign right when i just give her a lil gas not even floor, like just partial it whistles ... i just drove and parked my car in the garage... what do u guys think it is ?? im so upset, it doesn't seem like i could have a car for more than a day without something happening... i baught my turbo kit brand new from dezod. 1 month ago for all those who might think its used.

Last edited by emjay; 10-23-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough
Re: turbo whistle

Could it be a charge pipe that popped loose?
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

that's what it sounds like to me....but i'm a boost n00b....
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

charge pipe loose eh ?? so i have to take out my bumper and tighten everything??
Old 10-24-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Why didn't you post this in the fi section? Either way, there's no telling man. It could be any number of things... Get out there and do some troubleshooting. Does the car build boost. Does it blow off normally? Are the a/f's normal under boost. Having a "whistle" is way too vague for anyone to troubleshoot anything.
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

the afrs are fine, the idle is good, i don't know anything about building boost, and wat not, cuz i was too scared to try lol ... but idles at 14s and vac drives 13-15 ... once i press a lil gas, i hear a whislte ... i haven't boosted yet, should i ?
Old 10-24-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Check and make sure you're getting oil through your oil feed line and re-check your vac lines. I had a whistle when I forgot to re-connect a vac line.