Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Many problems, any solutions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpacemanBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Many problems, any solutions?

Ok here's the problems I'm having, please lemme know if anyone has any solutions!

1. Driver door vibrates near door handle when closed hard. Doesn't always happen, but it's still really annoying.

2. My seats don't fold down! the small one folds fine, the big one requires a LARGE amount of effort; i have to turn the key and then pull REALLY hard before it pops out. I know this shouldn't be happening because the small one pops when i turn the key wihtout any pulling.

3. My passenger seat headrest rattles. When I grab it, it stops.

4. I know this isn't something I can fix, but the rubber seals on the front of my hood in the middle came off!!!

5. Also, where can I get new pegs, like the ones that hold the sides of the trunk (for access to the taillight assembly), or that hold the "H" grill on the front. They are two different kinds, one has a screw, one just pops out with a flathead screwdriver.

Thanks a lot for anyone that can help!
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

semperficivic is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have any type of a decent service department at your honda dealership, I would take ot to them and tell them the problems. If you want to fix rattles yourself, find the two surfaces making contact and stick some of that foam tape in between them. I would reccomend the dealership first. There is nothing like other people fixing your problems for free.

Sorry i don't have the great all knowing answer, but sometimes little things help
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
1. try dynamat

2. let the dealer worry about it. the release cable probably needs to be adjusted

3. contact tape would work. try using the headrest all the way down. if its all the way down try moving it up a notch.

4. the rubber seal can be replaced. take it to a dealer. they'll more than likly replace it for free as long as it wasn't intentionally removed.

5. the dealer has the plugs in stock. i got a 12 pack for about $2. it helps because the little plugs like to break while instaling new parts like bumpers, grills, and taillights.
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

SpacemanBob is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks a lot!! BTW, i've tried the headrest all the way down, all the way up, and in between, but I'll just let the dealer deal w/ that too.
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

nycivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda CIVIC seats are just cheap, that's all. They're cheaply made and unstable. Seems no matter what I do, I can't get comfortable in these fu˘king seats. Maybe when mine stops fu˘king rocking I'll be able to.
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
ya my driver seat rocks all the time. I finally took it into the dealership and they ordered a new seat harness for me with no probs. I just had to wait an hour for them to tell me the prob. and now I have to go back this week for them to install it. Heck at least it's under warranty.