General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

help and opinion please

Old 12-26-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bambuski is an unknown quantity at this point
help and opinion please

OK, i've been having the same problem alot of other people are about the vibrations at high speed...I have 16 inch pacer lightweight racing rims some new brand tire that is a sister company of Toyo but alot cheaper....I have had my tires balanced 3 times at one place and 3 times at another...and i printed out all of the solutions for this off the board and had the last place do it all...balance all 4 once..then check it again....rotate the tires...hub rims and even a new tire because they felt it was the front left but I still have the damn vibration.....

Should I just keep on untill it finally work? even though I'm sick and tired of having to take my car in for something simple OR go back to the company i got the rims and tires and say i want my money back and take my business somewhere else...but only this time get 17's and maybe Perillis or Nitto's?

What should I do?
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't want to lie and tell you I know what it is....but I can tell you what I have heard it may be.

When going to a larger diameter tire (larger than stock), it puts pressure on the wheel bearings,
and this may cause the vibration. I have 15" wheels and I have gone up to 125 MPH and it was
as smooth as a babies azz : )
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Antidote11 has a point, however, if I'm not mistaken as I usually am, that only happens if the total height of the weel, rim and tire, is larger than the stock. I believe there has to be a weight difference also.

I'd take them back and get some 17s and some Pirelli's. Know what I mean, Jellybean?