Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Stock clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01hx5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Stock clutch

well this is an odd question but my honda is the first manual i have owned and i would like to have some feedback on how long the stock clutch will last, i bought the car with 36000 miles and i dont know how it was drivin before that but since i have had it i think i have droped the clutch once and dont plan on doin it any more, the clutch feels fine to me but it releases really late in the pedel movement, 2 other guys i know that have civics say that theyre is the same. I dont have any slippage or anything like that i was just wondering how long i should expect the stock clutch to last any maybe how much it would be to get it replaced, if and when i get it replaced should i go with a stocker again or upgrade, i dont race often maybe once a month if that, just wondering any help would be great. thanks......oh and my car is an 01 civic HX 5 speed with 40000 miles on it stock rims and a stereo and thats about all... any help would be great thanks.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
No one can estimate how long your stock clutch assembly will last. It all depends on how you drive and how you operate driving a standard. Some peoples will last 100,000 miles and others will only last 30,000 miles. Now if your tranny is releasing late, and you feel too much movement in the pedal, you probably need to adjust the pedal height and stroke, also known as the clutch pedal freeplay. does the pedal feel really loose or go down to far before it disengages? how far can you push the pedal in before you start feeling resistance?

But when replacing it when you need it, you need to call around and get estimates. And if you dont race or arent heard on the car, just go with the stock replacement parts.

Now it will wear out fast if you are riding the clutch, so dont do that.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

ok the clutch disengages within the fisrt 4" of push and it starts to grip about the same amount out when you relase,sorry if this is confusing.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 01hx5
ok the clutch disengages within the fisrt 4" of push and it starts to grip about the same amount out when you relase,sorry if this is confusing.
If you have to push the pedal down 4 inches before it disengages, then the pedal adjustment is out. Now the clutch does adjust for wear, but periodically you will need to adjust the pedal freeplay or height and stroke. Now if you would like, I can PM you the procedure to adjust the clutch pedal.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

That would be great. Thanks for the help man really appreciate it.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

Pm already sent to you.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

Thanks man actuly did the this after i got off work its all good now i am in debt to you.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 01hx5
Thanks man actuly did the this after i got off work its all good now i am in debt to you.
I am glad I could be of some assistance to you. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Old 08-24-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
PM that thing to me