Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Knocking noise! Plz plz help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Knocking noise! Plz plz help!

Hey guys i need some help.

I took my car to the dealership to have the A/C looked at. it was making a knocking noise and a sqeaky noise. They said i needed a new a/c compressor/clutch. they replaced it under warrenty. then the next day it still had the same noises. i took it back and now they said it was my belts that were causing the sqeaky noise - $170 later the sqeaky noise is gone. I also asked about the knocking noise - they said it was normal when the compressor kicks on and off - but the thing is when they heard it - it wasn't doing it as bad as it usually does. So anyways - the sqeakiness is gone but the knocking is still there..

the knocking only happens when my a/c is on and the car has been running for a while - and it will go away when i push in my clutch. then as soon as i let the clutch out it will come back.

anybody know any possible causes of this?? I really hope its not my clutch because its not stock and i really dont need to have another big bill for my car right now!!!
Old 08-18-2005

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
anybody?
Old 08-18-2005

at all?
Old 08-18-2005
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
sorry man, i have no idea. i have been hearing a knocking noise too but i think mine is somewhere in the suspension???
Old 08-18-2005

yeah i had a knocking noise in the suspension too - haha but thats *hopefully* gettin taken care of as we speak.

the knocking im talking about actually sounds like a fan is hitting something. like you know on wheel of fortune how they spin the wheel and theres that leather thing hitting each peg so it slows down? thats how mine sounds - then i push the clutch in and it goes away. its annoying!

thanks for replying btw
Old 08-19-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
SOrry man, I have no idea, that's hard. Take it back to the dealer is all I can say, sorry, I haven't got a clue. I was going to say compressor clutch, but you already had that replaced. It is possible the clutch is lined up properly, so that when the AC is turned on, it isn't connecting properly, hence breaking the clutch every time, but I'm just guessing in the dark here.

Let us know what the dealer says though.
Old 08-19-2005
Registered!!

etdigitalis should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Manthatguysfast
yeah i had a knocking noise in the suspension too - haha but thats *hopefully* gettin taken care of as we speak.

the knocking im talking about actually sounds like a fan is hitting something. like you know on wheel of fortune how they spin the wheel and theres that leather thing hitting each peg so it slows down? thats how mine sounds - then i push the clutch in and it goes away. its annoying!

thanks for replying btw
i had a similar sounding problem after honda did some warranty work on my transmission. it turned out that when they put it back together they jacked up my throwout bearing.

so whenever the clutch was engaged, it made this "fan-like" swishing noise at the speed of the engine... even in neutral during idle.
Old 08-19-2005

sorry if this is a dumb question....by engaged do you mean clutch pedal pushed in? or not pushed in?
Old 08-19-2005
Registered!!

etdigitalis should not be trusted
i mean with the clutch pedal not pushed in.
Old 08-19-2005

hrmm great thanks for the info!