Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Please help me out guys!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mugen_civicex is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Please help me out guys!!!

Hi. I have a 2002 civic ex auto. The car starts to have some loud "eeeee...." sound when I turn the wheel left or right in low speed, and it has clicking sound when I step on the brake. I took it to the dealer today, and she said that my car is fine....!!! Please someone tell me what cause this problem. I really wanna fix this problem! And she also told me that my brake pads are only 1mm left!!! Do you guys know where I can get a ok or good brake pads? If I take it to the shop to change the brake pads, how much will they normal charge? Do you think I can still drive it around in these days? Please help me out guys, my warranty will end up on April. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Mugen_civicex; 01-20-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
that loud "eeeeee....." sound is the power steering pump. Make sure the fluid is full. It COULD be going bad, but they all moan a bit when you turn the wheel especially standing still. The brakes click. It's annoying, but normal. 1mm.... time to change the pads. You could do it yourself... it's easy. Dealer will ALWAYS tell you that (insert problem here) is NORMAL to get out of warranty work.
Old 01-21-2005
Registered!!

Mugen_civicex is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by tinman
that loud "eeeeee....." sound is the power steering pump. Make sure the fluid is full. It COULD be going bad, but they all moan a bit when you turn the wheel especially standing still. The brakes click. It's annoying, but normal. 1mm.... time to change the pads. You could do it yourself... it's easy. Dealer will ALWAYS tell you that (insert problem here) is NORMAL to get out of warranty work.
Thanks for your post. I'll see if the fluid is full, but I just did the oil change from Santa Monica Honda like 2 weeks ago... They should check the all the fluid level... I also have to check the brake pads are really 1mm left. If I really need to change my pads, which brand is good? Thanks
Old 01-21-2005
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
OEM. Don't buy cheap.
Old 01-22-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tinman
OEM. Don't buy cheap.
Forget OEM brake pads, they're garbage and far too expensive for what they're worth.
Hawk, Axxis, Porterfield, AEM, Cobalt, ummm there's others, search brake pads.
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

ty.barrack is an unknown quantity at this point
I am not sure if your brake pads are a warranty item, but you should check on that. OEM should be fine, and the local Honda dealer should be able to do them pretty fast.