Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

squeking sounds!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicPesek is an unknown quantity at this point
squeking sounds!!

why does everytime I hit a speed bump there're squeking sounds coming from the suspension?
do you think it's the springs? or the shocks? FYI my car is stock, and it's 2001 with only 38xxx.
what should I do? if I replace the suspension with aftermarket one will it make any difference?

thanks in advance
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

jason_wu is an unknown quantity at this point
if your car handles fine then get your bushings checked. the sound is probably caused by a slightly cracked bushing. (most likely in one of the control arms)

should be no problem at all to drive like this but if the sound bothers you then you might want to replace the bushings.
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

Sickboy will become famous soon enoughSickboy will become famous soon enough
More likely the struts are gone. Does your car feel floaty on the freeway? Push down on the front end and if it bounces up several times they're gone. If so, do yourself a favor and get tokicos or konis, oems suck.
Old 11-17-2004
People Eating Tasty Animals PETA
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Gangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to all
My rear springs squeaked after about 40k but it stopped after a while.. totally forgot about that... I suggest you change the oil
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
do you get this noise when you drive over speed humps? Ive found that everytime the season starts to change from fall to winter and from winter to spring I get these noisies. Once its into winter it will stop then come back. I dont know what it is, but it seems its seasonal. as stupid as that sounds.

I also replaced my strut when this noise started (front left one was leaking) and it didnt take care of the noise.

if you get struts go oem, otherwise you'll have to replace both and my mechanic (independent) said the oem part wasnt too much more, and he had seen a lot of problems with the aftermarket struts.

im definatly no gear head so jus my two cents
Old 11-18-2004
Registered!!

civicPesek is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i get the noise everytime I go through speed bump, even if I go real slow the sound is still there.
I never checked the struts, i'll find out tomorrow, i'll try to push the front end and we'll see what happen.
thanks guys for the input
Old 11-18-2004
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
dang i get this noise majorly on my rear passenger side, i got b&g brand new and it squeeks like crazy, squeek squeek squeek over every bump or dip in the road. it drives me nuts. im getting it fixed tomorrow.