Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Head gasket

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Head gasket

I have a 90 Accord and just wondering if anyone here knows anything about this car. I have recently come accross a problem. My heater has not been pumping out hot air. I mean it is warm but not as hot as normal. I have also come accross oil in my coolent. No coolent in my oil, no over heating, no leaking under the car and no steam on the windshield. I am pretty sure that it is the head gasket but any of you have anyother suggestions. Last night on my way home I started to hear a noise and found out now that one of my valves is fvcked. Don't know which one yet, taking the head off and apart this week-end. But if anyone has any suggestion I would be more then willing to give out rep points
BTW talk to me seriously, no girly talk. Talk to me straight.
Thanks
Old 11-17-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Yeah, it's probably the head gasket. Make sure you check the head and block for plane.
Any warpage, and you will need to machine it. Not sure if the 90 Accord motor still uses a 10mm star bolt, but if it does, get a high quality socket or you will get into trouble. I broke 11 sears sockets before I got a SnapOn socket. Hmmm....what else.... loosen the bolts in a star cross pattern from the center out so you don't warp the head.
Old 11-18-2004

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks