Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Skunk2 Muffler problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K20A_Wanabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Skunk2 Muffler problems

Skunk2 muffler hangers broke and melted to my bumper and they are gona fix the muffler but there only gona get me a lower tie bar for the bumper. If one of your products work with me why would i want another one ? And i know it's gona cost more than that lower tie bar cost. Have anyone had problems too ? I keep on tring to talk to them and there either on break or busy with someone else and says there gona call me back but don't. They said it's again policy to give cash for my bumper. Is this the type of quality and service i should be expecting from skunk2 ?
Old 09-10-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
dude I have no idea what you are talking about?

What does a lower tie bar have to do with your hangers melting to the bumper? I am pretty lost. Please explain this better.
Old 09-11-2004
Registered!!

Ok the hangers broke because of the defect of the muffler. So it melted to my bumper. They said all they can do is give me a lower tie bar to pay for the damages because they can't pay with cash and they said it's against company policy. But the good thing is there gona fix my muffler or give me a new one. Sorry about that i pissed when i wrote that so i probaly didn't make sence.
Old 09-11-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
it still doesnt make sense!!! so the hangers melted to the bumper correct? I dont see how, but ok.

Now why the hell would they give you a lower tie bar? That has nothing to do with your problem. If there was a defect in the muffler and it caused damages to the bumper, you need to demand that they replace your muffler, and the bumper!!!!

I still am unclear on why they would give you a lower tie bar, that has nothing to do with the problem. Call them and bitch at them, other wise call BBB on there ***. thats rediculius.
Old 09-11-2004
Registered!!

No the tip of the muffler melted the bumper.
They can't give me money cause it's against the company policy for some stupid reason.
If i don't get the cash i need i will be calling the BBB.
Just trust me don't buy from Skunk2 Racing i never will again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2328.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	37764  
Old 09-11-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by K20A_Wanabe
No the tip of the muffler melted the bumper.
They can't give me money cause it's against the company policy for some stupid reason.
If i don't get the cash i need i will be calling the BBB.
Just trust me don't buy from Skunk2 Racing i never will again.
thats normal man. most times when you have an aftermarket bumper and aftermarket exhaust, the heat from the exhaust melts the bumper. thats why you have to move the muffler down a bit. see you said hangers melted to the bumper, not the exhaust melted the bumper. Skunk 2 shouldnt even have to pay, thats normal for that to happen. there is no defect in the muffler, it is just heat doing that.
Old 09-11-2004
Registered!!

I have had my muffler this way for a year now and the hangers broke off the muffler and the muffler melted to the bumper.

See thats what it looked like and there is enought room between the muffler and bumper.
Old 09-11-2004
Registered!!

ok, let me ask you this, is that a welded on muffler from skunk 2, or the skunk 2 catback?
Old 09-11-2004
Registered!!

i bought it as a skunk2 catback system from www.hondawerx.com
Old 09-11-2004
Registered!!

and this is a first time that the welds broke. I don't feel as thought it's my fault that it melted to the bumper because the hole is the height of the stock bumper if you know what i mean.