Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum)
-   -   Skunk2 Muffler problems (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/172809-skunk2-muffler-problems.html)

K20A_Wanabe 09-10-2004 02:40 PM

Skunk2 Muffler problems

Skunk2 muffler hangers broke and melted to my bumper and they are gona fix the muffler but there only gona get me a lower tie bar for the bumper. If one of your products work with me why would i want another one ? And i know it's gona cost more than that lower tie bar cost. Have anyone had problems too ? I keep on tring to talk to them and there either on break or busy with someone else and says there gona call me back but don't. They said it's again policy to give cash for my bumper. Is this the type of quality and service i should be expecting from skunk2 ?

streetglower 09-10-2004 03:48 PM

dude I have no idea what you are talking about?

What does a lower tie bar have to do with your hangers melting to the bumper? I am pretty lost. Please explain this better.

K20A_Wanabe 09-11-2004 04:09 PM

Ok the hangers broke because of the defect of the muffler. So it melted to my bumper. They said all they can do is give me a lower tie bar to pay for the damages because they can't pay with cash and they said it's against company policy. But the good thing is there gona fix my muffler or give me a new one. Sorry about that i pissed when i wrote that so i probaly didn't make sence.

streetglower 09-11-2004 04:20 PM

it still doesnt make sense!!! so the hangers melted to the bumper correct? I dont see how, but ok.

Now why the hell would they give you a lower tie bar? That has nothing to do with your problem. If there was a defect in the muffler and it caused damages to the bumper, you need to demand that they replace your muffler, and the bumper!!!!

I still am unclear on why they would give you a lower tie bar, that has nothing to do with the problem. Call them and bitch at them, other wise call BBB on there ass. thats rediculius.

K20A_Wanabe 09-11-2004 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No the tip of the muffler melted the bumper.
They can't give me money cause it's against the company policy for some stupid reason.
If i don't get the cash i need i will be calling the BBB.
Just trust me don't buy from Skunk2 Racing i never will again.

streetglower 09-11-2004 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by K20A_Wanabe
No the tip of the muffler melted the bumper.
They can't give me money cause it's against the company policy for some stupid reason.
If i don't get the cash i need i will be calling the BBB.
Just trust me don't buy from Skunk2 Racing i never will again.

thats normal man. most times when you have an aftermarket bumper and aftermarket exhaust, the heat from the exhaust melts the bumper. thats why you have to move the muffler down a bit. see you said hangers melted to the bumper, not the exhaust melted the bumper. Skunk 2 shouldnt even have to pay, thats normal for that to happen. there is no defect in the muffler, it is just heat doing that.

K20A_Wanabe 09-11-2004 04:50 PM

I have had my muffler this way for a year now and the hangers broke off the muffler and the muffler melted to the bumper.
http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...xhaust-med.jpg
See thats what it looked like and there is enought room between the muffler and bumper.

streetglower 09-11-2004 05:22 PM

ok, let me ask you this, is that a welded on muffler from skunk 2, or the skunk 2 catback?

K20A_Wanabe 09-11-2004 05:53 PM

i bought it as a skunk2 catback system from www.hondawerx.com

K20A_Wanabe 09-11-2004 05:54 PM

and this is a first time that the welds broke. I don't feel as thought it's my fault that it melted to the bumper because the hole is the height of the stock bumper if you know what i mean.