Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Does Canada have a MAGUSON MOSS WARANTY ACT ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteHalf is an unknown quantity at this point
Does Canada have a MAGUSON MOSS WARANTY ACT ???

Hey guys ... I just want to know if anyone knows about whether Canada has an Act like the Warranty Act in the US (MAGUSON MOSS WARANTY ACT)

I just dropped my car, have aftermarket alarm, headunit and subs. I just want to prepare myself incase anything goes wrong and a dealer tries to stiff me.

Much Help would be appreciated.
Old 08-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tacheon is on a distinguished road
No. There is no law pertaining specifically to automotive aftermarket products in Canada. That is why you must be much more careful if you choose to make outrageous changes to your car, use non-spec parts, etc. The dealer can and will deny you work if he/she believes you caused the problem. They'll send you to another dealer who is willing to take a chance on servicing your vehicle at a loss if you caused the initial problem. This is just the dealers covering their own butts so they don't end up wasting their time, money, and resources. Furthermore, GM Canada has released a TSB warning that oiled air filters (K&N) would void the maf sensor warranty on some vehicles. If the said warranty existed, they wouldn't have posted such a bulletin to all dealers.
Old 08-23-2004
VTEC MASTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
redvtec04 should not be trustedredvtec04 should not be trusted
Sure they do...at least they gotta! They're French, and everyone knows that the French have a way to wiggle out of anything.