Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Driver Seat Loose

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicstylz4u is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Driver Seat Loose

Has anyone noticed that the driver chair has play in it. When ever I change gears it moves. If I crank the hight adjustment up all the way its fine. It feels like the bolts holding it together are loose but its not. I guess I will have to take it in for repair!!
Old 01-26-2004
TUCKIN 19s

2k2EXCOUPE will become famous soon enough
Yeah- common problem.

Some dealers will fix it , some wont.

MINE WONT!!! I have taken it in twice and they keep telling me "its a function of the armrest". LMAO how stupid eh?

Just gives me more reason to keep looking for RSX seats.
Old 01-26-2004
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
Do you have a copy ofthe TSB issued by Honda. If you do, print that sucker off, walk into the service dept at your dealership, and demand it be fixed now, and properly the first time. If you dont have a copy, I have one in pdf format, lemme know, and I can forward you a copy.
Old 01-27-2004
TUCKIN 19s

2k2EXCOUPE will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by DaveyD
Do you have a copy ofthe TSB issued by Honda. If you do, print that sucker off, walk into the service dept at your dealership, and demand it be fixed now, and properly the first time. If you dont have a copy, I have one in pdf format, lemme know, and I can forward you a copy.
Did that. But because I have an 02 and my VIN number was not listed (because it was written before my car was produced!!!)

Stupid Honda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

reyesvazquez is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the same problem,went to the deales and they told me is a bushing tha the seat have and they are going to repleced for free cuz it was a factory defect,well that was they told me,good luck
Old 03-05-2004
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
damn... . that same thing is happenin to my ride.... I will take it in to see what they say
Old 03-05-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by 2k2EXCOUPE
Yeah- common problem.

Some dealers will fix it , some wont.

MINE WONT!!! I have taken it in twice and they keep telling me "its a function of the armrest". LMAO how stupid eh?

Just gives me more reason to keep looking for RSX seats.
If you get RSX seats it will void your drivetrain/engine/suspension warranty. You know how that goes.