Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car just turned off

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
Car just turned off

dam i was driving and this car in front of me just slammed on their brakes so i slammed mine on. and since my abs brakes arn't working right now for some reason my wheels locked up. and after that happened i tried to accelerate around the person and i noticed my car just turned off on the freeway, i have a automatice btw. so i just glided to the offramp and my car turned on fine... does anybody know WTF happened?!!!!
Old 01-10-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Brake boosters or IAC valve maybe.

The problems that I experienced are related to yours in some ways. Stupid IAC valve was shot and everytime I slowed down to stop the car would idle way down and usually stall out. If I hit the brakes as you did the same thing happens.

Ever notice how when the car idles too low and by either turning the wheel or pumping the brakes you can bring it back up. It's a pressure gain.

I don't know if it'll help but read this thread I started way back. There's a TSB attached.

Linky
Old 01-10-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
thanx, i'll look into this more