Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

KNOCKING NOISE when turning: resolved

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coastie is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation KNOCKING NOISE when turning: resolved

Well this has been going on for a while now. I finally got time to take it to the dealer. The first time I took it they tried to blame it on the Neuspeed sway bar.... I took again a couple weeks later and I had the tech ride with me around the lot to hear the knocking when I turned the wheel about 40 degrees to the left and right at low speeds and parked. Honda said it's the springs coming into contact with something. They had to order 2 new front springs and now the 2001 coupe is in the shop as we speak. I will let you know the outcome to see if this fixes the knocking. Hopefully this will help any of you having this problem. Just so you know I have 35k and it's a warranty issue so it's covered. I'll keep you all posted...
Coastie
Old 07-26-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
We know. There's problems with the front struts. Just about everyone on here has gotten at least one set of replacements.