Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

2011 civic lx(auto) speed sensor replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob A Gonzales is an unknown quantity at this point
2011 civic lx(auto) speed sensor replacement.

Can't find any good images/info on replacing vehicles speed sensor, I located 2 identical sensors, one facing up and one facing sideways closer to driver side of vehicle(both secured with a 10mm bolt). I believe Su11014 and Su11020 are the correct replacement parts, can anyone explain which is which? Also after unbolting part would turn but I couldn't pull it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-23-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 2011 civic lx(auto) speed sensor replacement.

did you remove the wires/plug before trying to turn?
Old 01-23-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob A Gonzales is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I unplugged both.
Old 01-23-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob A Gonzales
Can't find any good images/info on replacing vehicles speed sensor, I located 2 identical sensors, one facing up and one facing sideways closer to driver side of vehicle(both secured with a 10mm bolt). I believe Su11014 and Su11020 are the correct replacement parts, can anyone explain which is which? Also after unbolting part would turn but I couldn't pull it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There are multiple speed sensors, which speed sensor is needed?
One reports input shaft speed (drivers side), the other reports output shaft speed.
Is there a fault code?
Fault code combined with a good wiring diagram (accurate wire colors) would be how I differentiate each sensor if I don't have any other guide.

Each sensor has an O ring that can make it tough to just pull out, they always seem to put up a fight--especially in the salt and rust belt. I'd shoot some spray lubricant (maybe silicone lube) around the edge of the sensor in hopes it will reach that O ring and help it slide, but that's just a hope LOL.....
Twist and lift.

Don't break the top of the sensor off, that would ruin your week for sure.
Old 01-24-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

^Ah, yeah, true, the one in my 2001 miata was a pain to remove, now i remember...