Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Just got a 2011 Civic. Is there anything I should know about the 2011 LX models?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RangerExpress is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got a 2011 Civic. Is there anything I should know about the 2011 LX models?

Hi, All. I just bought a 2011 Civic. I once owned an Accord and my wife drives an Odyssey. But this is my first Civic. My son is 12 and I am hoping to give it to him in 4 years.

I also want to say that I had a choice between a 2011 with 36,000 miles or a 2012 with 30,000 miles. Same price. But after doing some research on this forum I actually went with the older model.

Are there any pointers or things I should look out for? Any common problems with the 2011's? I just ask because it seems like most cars have their issues and I just like to be prepared.

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-17-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Just got a 2011 Civic. Is there anything I should know about the 2011 LX models?

Originally Posted by RangerExpress
Are there any pointers or things I should look out for? Any common problems with the 2011's?
I haven't heard of anything major. Here's a list I just found lol http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/2011/

...well besides the fact that you have no VTEC and will get smoked by just about anyone on the road. Well, you would with the VTEC too :-P
Old 02-17-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just got a 2011 Civic. Is there anything I should know about the 2011 LX models?

Originally Posted by RangerExpress
Hi, All. I just bought a 2011 Civic. I once owned an Accord and my wife drives an Odyssey. But this is my first Civic. My son is 12 and I am hoping to give it to him in 4 years.

I also want to say that I had a choice between a 2011 with 36,000 miles or a 2012 with 30,000 miles. Same price. But after doing some research on this forum I actually went with the older model.

Are there any pointers or things I should look out for? Any common problems with the 2011's? I just ask because it seems like most cars have their issues and I just like to be prepared.

Thanks for the help!
Welcome to the site!

I recommend to change the auto trans fluid at least every 30k.... Other than that, follow the maintenance minder system for the rest of the services. It's in the owners manual.

Register yourself as the new owner of the car with Honda (website, postcard, or customer assistance hotline), that way you get info about important warranty extensions and recalls and any other notices sent directly to you. If you have/need a radio code, you can retrieve it thru the Honda site once you are registered the owner.

http://automobiles.honda.com/informa...resources.aspx

Originally Posted by Poopies
I haven't heard of anything major. Here's a list I just found lol http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/2011/
They LIE!
The cars are perfect in every way. Superb engineering.
Don't stand near me, you might get hit by lightning.....

Really, I see very few issues with them. 2011 is the last year of that model run (06-11), they got most of the bugs worked out.
...well besides the fact that you have no VTEC and will get smoked by just about anyone on the road. Well, you would with the VTEC too :-P
Erm, it has that, but it's probably not the VTEC version you are used to.

VTEC System

• This system improves fuel efficiency and reduces exhaust emissions at all levels of engine speed, vehicle speed, and engine load.
  • The VTEC system changes the valve lift and timing by using more than one cam profile.
  • The VTEC system changes the cam profile (angle) at cruising speeds.
    (Cam angle is changed to obtain the desired EGR effect and reduce pumping loss).
Old 02-18-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ezone
Erm, it has that, but it's probably not the VTEC version you are used to.
I stand corrected. Looks like I'll just have to stick with racing stock Accents with my VTEC-E then.