Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Engine Ligh + Flashing D + P0843 - What to do next?

Old 07-06-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Engine Ligh + Flashing D + P0843 - What to do next?

Originally Posted by cindyciv
The engine light and flashing D light came on last night on my way home.

If I bring her to the garage to get the code and fix the problem will the right code come up when scanned since the flashing D isn't happening anymore.

Also wondered if it could be related to the transmission fluid change I had done 3 days ago.
Did you check trans fluid level? Was the correct Honda trans fluid used?

First order of business is to find out exactly what fault code numbers are stored in memory, hopefully along with freeze frame data....
Once we have that info we can figure out a next step.

Many auto parts stores will read codes for free here.
Old 06-05-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Albert Monteiro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by torontob
Thanks again ezone. As I don't have the time to do the job - heading to a wedding party tomorrow and thought it might be a bit work I took it into a tranny shop who ordered the part to come tomorrow morning. He took out the switch by jacking the car up and then it was accessible by hand without taking any shrouds off. When I saw that I was like damn I could have jacked the car up and reached :-) well, no, no. It wasn't that easy. Still kinda hard to reach.

I made sure the guy knows that I know all in and out of this issue from the knowledge I learned here (thanks to you) so he doesn't con me.

I agreed to pay him $85 bucks 1 hour labour ; really that is 15 minute job but it's a business with all other costs so I appreciate and understand it.

I checked the switch and it wasn't bitten or anything. I guess it just died. I asked the guy to do a connectivity test or some check on it and he said there is no way he check as there is a coil inside etc...I think he was bsing but I could be wrong. I just wanted to make sure that was the part that was bad.

Edit: Just saw this video which makes sense about coil inside melting. Maybe things heated up in my case and it wasn't rodents as there is no chewing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UAeYUtc1hA
Thanks again
My 2012 Honda Civic just displayed the same problem. Where did you get it fixed and for how much? I need this fixed this morning itself so your quick response is greatly appreciated. I'm based in Toronto.
Old 06-05-2019

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Albert Monteiro
My 2012 Honda Civic just displayed the same problem. Where did you get it fixed and for how much? I need this fixed this morning itself so your quick response is greatly appreciated. I'm based in Toronto.
Call your local shops for prices
Old 09-12-2020
Registered!!

joshsmommy642 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a local transmission shop that just did work on my honda pilot last week. This week my civic wants attention. I have this same code and symptoms, I wanted to take it to the shop with a replacement for the faulty part in hand. Where can I order/purchase the part? I did a basic advance auto search but I don't think Im finding what I need. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2020
Click Here

Received 1,151 Likes on 899 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

I’d recommend letting the shop get it. They won’t warranty parts you bring in but they’ll warranty their own parts.
The following users liked this post:
joshsmommy642 (09-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020
Registered!!

joshsmommy642 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you ,I'll do that. Do you happen to know about how much the part is?
Old 09-14-2020

Originally Posted by Chezboat24
I’d recommend letting the shop get it. They won’t warranty parts you bring in but they’ll warranty their own parts.
Originally Posted by joshsmommy642
Thank you ,I'll do that. Do you happen to know about how much the part is?
You should be asking that local shop for an estimate, not us.