Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

9th Gen civic si Idle issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2023
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raychecots is an unknown quantity at this point
9th Gen civic si Idle issue

Hello I have a ninth generation. 2014 civic si with an idle issue. Recently I needed to replace the compressor a c went out. I put a new alternator and the new belt since it was all open up. My mechanic did all the work. The problem I'm having is a idle issue. Only when I drive it and push in the clutch and come to a stop. It goes from 9 to fifteen hundred r p m bouncing. Never had this issue for 9 years until I replaced the compressor. I checked the antifreeze that's fine. I cleaned the master air flow sensor that's fine. Make sure there's no leaks in my cold air intake cleaned filter. Reset the idle. Idle's fine when the car's in park. Start messing up when I drive the car..... Come to find out car runs just fine. And the idol is just fine when pushing in the clutch and coming to a stop when I ONLY have my blower on high, ac blowing good, .... AC works fine heater works fine. But if the blower's not on max blowing air the car does NOT idle correctly. . I readed something about when the blower is on high. Something about bypassing something. Can anybody help me out?

Last edited by Raychecots; 11-09-2023 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-09-2023
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,450 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 9th Gen civic si Idle issue

take back to mechanic
The following users liked this post:
Raychecots (11-09-2023)
Old 11-09-2023
Registered!!

Thank you for replying. I've already taken it back 3 times and then they just keep on giving me the run around. This is really becoming b. Yes. Can you think of anything that could be the issue? I know what I'm saying. It sounds crazy. But I just think it's the compressor. Or when it's on a high max air below it Overrides the regulator maybe something like thamples. High voltage and then maybe makes the car run right I don't know
Old 11-09-2023
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

What brand is the replacement alternator?
The following users liked this post:
Raychecots (11-09-2023)
Old 11-09-2023
Registered!!

The alternator What they told me is A FVP and it was $427. And on the ticket says alternator 2.5 FVP. And she can't really tell me the naked model of the ac compressor. She said she had to call me back
Old 11-09-2023
Registered!!

But it's crazy, everything runs right? The idol is great when I have my air on max blowing and that's for heater AC or just regular colder. It has to be on max blow and the car runs fine. I have no problem with the coldness of the AC or the heat from the heater. That's all good. I've checked everything and if freeze. Clean the master air flow sensor. Never had this issue until they put that compressor in. And I really didn't need an alternator but I just had to replace it just because they already took it out to do the compressor and a new belt. But as soon as I take the air down. From max That's when my idling issue starts when I come to a stop. It goes from 800 to 1500. It just bounced and then it really never finds idle. I did the factory reset. For the idol. You know, disconnect the negative. Put it back on, run your card till your fans kick on and then run your car for about 10 minutes after your fans shut off with no power with no air blowing so I need help. I appreciate you all thank you so much god bless