Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Rain X question

Old 04-03-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicSouldjaEX will become famous soon enoughCivicSouldjaEX will become famous soon enough
Rain X question

Does Rain X work without having to use the windshield wiper? cuz I figure once I start the wipers it'll rub off the rain x right? So am I supposed to use the windshield wipers or no?
Old 04-04-2003
Registered!!

666 is an unknown quantity at this point
It "claims" that you don't have to use the wipers, but obviously in heavy rain you will have to. Otherwise it slides off the window no problem.
Old 04-04-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

obtix is an unknown quantity at this point
I use the stuff, I swear by it, infact the heavier the rain the better it works light rain (like a mist) is when u have to use youir wipers it will last for about a good 3 or 4 hours of heavy driving rain i've noticed then the rain x slowly goes down hill but still i love it my civic is 2 weeks old almost going on 3 weeks ;-) and i never used my wipers yet! and we had atleast two big storms since
Old 04-05-2003
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
I agree, rain-x works wonders. as long as you're driving 40+mph, you shouldn't have to use your wipers even in heavy rain. you just gotta be sure to reapply it once every month or so to keep it working. the only thing I hate about it is it takes a lot of effort to buff it out real good. but it's worth it my right arm has a huge muscle, lol.
Old 04-06-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
Well Rain X works for the most part. When it's heavy rain it works and when it's light rain it just beads up. The only problem that I had is that I didn't follow the instructions when it said, "Use a damn wet towel to wipe off the haze" so now whenever it's somewhat cool (mind you I live in florida) or raelly damp outside, my windows fog up like hell.
Old 04-06-2003
Registered!!

Mystix is an unknown quantity at this point
I heard ppl put rainX on their paint. Is it bad for your paint? It would be nice if water just beads up
Old 04-06-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

obtix is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Mystix
I heard ppl put rainX on their paint. Is it bad for your paint? It would be nice if water just beads up
If you wax your car (I recommend McGquires<sp> Polymier) it should beat up just the same I wouldnt use rain-x on your paint.. i spilled a little on my paint once left a ugly oil mark atleast it came out
Old 04-18-2003
Registered!!

02NCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i usually just wax my windows whenever i was my car. the water beads up just the same as with rainx and runs off the windows too. just a suggestion because i never have liked the greasiness of rainx.
Old 04-23-2003
Registered!!

RallyeRed is an unknown quantity at this point
I have also heard of people putting it in with their washer fluid and applying it with their wipers....doesn't seem to be less effective, but seems like it might over spray on to the paint. Just a thought....
Old 04-25-2003
Honda > Nissan

xian is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by 02NCcivic
i usually just wax my windows whenever i was my car. the water beads up just the same as with rainx and runs off the windows too. just a suggestion because i never have liked the greasiness of rainx.
You wax your windows? Do you use some "special" window wax, or the stuff you use on your car.

I've never heard of peeps waxing their windows before. How does it compare in the rain?
Old 06-22-2003
Registered!!

Yakkolio is an unknown quantity at this point
the front windshield rain x will go away slowly as your wipers are being used...but it stays on for a long tiem for your other windows.
Old 06-22-2003
Registered!!

justacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Rainx is eaier if you apply it before you wash your car. Then as you wash it you will be removing it, try it I swear it works. Just clean your glass with glass cleaner before you wash, apply rainx and let it sit for a few minutes before starting to wash your car.

Also never put rainx on your paint. And a lot of people use regular wax on thier windows.
Old 06-23-2003
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
using wax on the windows does the same thing as the rain-x
Old 06-24-2003
Banned

sexcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Mex
I agree, rain-x works wonders. as long as you're driving 40+mph, you shouldn't have to use your wipers even in heavy rain. you just gotta be sure to reapply it once every month or so to keep it working. the only thing I hate about it is it takes a lot of effort to buff it out real good. but it's worth it my right arm has a huge muscle, lol.
wonder how it has that huge muscle

anyways rainx is great! i stilll use wipers though in heavy rain because it beads up and doesn't really let me see, but it wipes away fast

RAINX rating: 8.5/10

this rating because it is hard to whipe the haze off after applying
Old 06-24-2003

horatio is an unknown quantity at this point
avoid getting the rain x on your black trim around the window. mine has slightly discolored from exposure to it.
Old 06-24-2003
Registered!!

DEVO is an unknown quantity at this point
I use rain x windshield wiper fluid instead. works great. keeps the window nice and clean.

to clean my window i use invisible glass by stoner's... spray on and wipe off with newspaper (black & white)... works really well.
Old 07-06-2003
I Am The Funky Monkey!!!

BausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the rough
I've used Rain-x ever since it came out... that stuff works wonders. As long as you put it on every 3-4 weeks, you'll be good to go. During really bad rain, you'll have to use your wipers, but not that often. Whats cool is to be following traffic and everyone but you is using thier windshield wipers...