Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

terry cloth

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JONESN is an unknown quantity at this point
terry cloth

Hey guys I finally hand washed my 02 civic and it looks good except for all of that white fabris on it from the terry cloths..how cna i prevent that?
should i dry it different? or wash the cloths first?
Old 05-03-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
I purchased a drying cloth for $10CDN... its basically a synthetic chamois but the instructions are to place it flat on the surface, and drag it until its full fo water, then ring it out, repeat.

it works REALLY WELL, doesnt leave lint or dust behind, and cuts my drying time in half. I'd suggest getting something like that. It didn't work too well the first or second time i used it, but the third time, it worked very very well

Mine is called "detailers choice" drying cloth - i bought the one that game in a plastic carrying tube.

you might also consider getting the california water blade (although it's 4x the price here) or the absorber, which is basically the same thing that I have.

if you decide to stick to terry towels, be sure to only ever use clean ones, and don't use very old ones because they will do nothing but disintegrate and leave said fabric all over the car [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

I also have some terry towels which match the colour of my car... I washed em a few dozen times first though so the colour doesnt run... but if they do have any lint in them, it matches my car so it doesnt matter [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] One thing I find about terry towels is that it is insanely tempting to use a looping motion which can and likely will result in swirl marks. Thats why I like my special cloth so much coz I use it in straight lines.
Old 05-03-2002
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
I would suggest the absorder to dry off your car around $10 and leaves no lint or anything. Last for a long arss time
Old 05-03-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
I wouldnt dry the car with a terry towel or any towel because it will leave lint. I would recommend purchasing a chamois or the absorber....
Old 05-04-2002
Registered!!

2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
Gotta love chamois, they are the best!
Old 05-05-2002
Tomotor

xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
yea stupid me got the chamois towels and terry towels mix up and bought some terry to dry my car. it was a b*tch gettin all the lint off. but i just bought me one of them absorbers, and they work so good! left no watermarks wat so ever, and dried the whole car in like 10-15mins
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a nbp vic and always use the terry towels to dry her. At first they do leave a lot of lint behind. However, after a few washings, you shouldn't notice much lint anymore. I wash them after everytime I use them. I really don't dry the car anymore. After I finish washing, I always wash the wheels and tires first by the way, the car is pretty much dry except for a few spots. So, I just take the quick detailer and go over the car with it and get the little bit of water that is left.