Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Dusty Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
savedadogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Dusty Seats

Hi,

When I hit my seats, a whole bunch of dust come out. How can I clean my seats? Anyone have suggestions?
Old 08-28-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Old 08-28-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough

So very true.

Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
well i cant see the image so ill give a legit response:

Try vacuuming the hell outta them then use turtlewax upholstery cleaner, it has bristles to pull out crap embedded in the seats
Old 09-03-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
haha mines same. i punch it and get a big cloud. vacuum doesnt really help, its like inside the seat or something. i borrowed some cleaner so maybe i'll just spray everything down.
Old 09-03-2006
Registered!!

savedadogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, I tried vacumming it barely helps...just like gearbox said, when I punch my seats a huge dust cloud appears...sucks. Only thing I can really think of is if I take out the seats and start punching and kicking them till all the dust disappears.
Old 09-03-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
hey isnt that what they did in the old days just get something and whack the dirt out like a rug.
Old 09-03-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
The seat covers can be removed and cleaned. Most things in the foam can be steam cleaned or blown out with a high pressure air hose. Whatever you do make sure you DON'T dry the seat covers, unless you have no desire to put them back on.