Passenger's airbag is slightly lighter - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2006   #1  
Registered!!

JohnnyBravo is an unknown quantity at this point
Passenger's airbag is slightly lighter

Hi,

The dashboard piece of my passenger airbag is noticably lighter than the rest of the dash. Did anyone else have that to happen to their cars or is some kind of factory defect since my car is just a year old and I am the only owner?
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #2  
30 Years Driving Japanese Autos

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
I have seen it on several 7th gens. The one on my 05 is also starting to look the same way.
CraigW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #3  

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Its a different type of plastic, it doesnt usually start off the same color and fades faster. Just paint the whole dash like I did!
soonercivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #4  
Registered!!

JohnnyBravo is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, i thought about it being different from the rest of the dash. That's too bad, cause it doesnt look that nice with a lighter spot ;(.

Painting is too much of a trouble for me I know nothing about it...
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote