Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Mudflaps...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Mudflaps...

When I bought the car it came with mudflaps on. I never thought anything of it until recently that I want them off. Well I took one off, and the paint underneath is f*cked. Dirty and just not glossy at all. I tried just washing it and no luck it just looked the same. Is there any hope to taking off my mudflaps without having the paint look like trash???
Old 05-23-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
When you take them off clean them, clay bar the area, and use Meguiars ColorX. It should restore that shine without any problems. Then top it with your preferred wax.
Old 05-23-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya same happened when i took off the door edge guards. some nasty scuffs that i was able to get out with meg clear coat body scrub. that stuff owned i wish it didnt get discontinued.
Old 05-23-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
I'll be sure to try this tomorrow. Thanks for the help! I have fender guards that came with it too. Hopefully I can get those off too and it won't look bad.
Old 05-23-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
yea i just took off my mudguards yesterday after the drop, there was a lot of dirt and crap under them but most of it washed off although you can still see the outline of like 2 of them but i plan on using the stuff they metioned to clean it off