Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Just flooded my trunk

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
Just flooded my trunk

So I had a 2.5 gallon tank of drinking water in my trunk. I bought it a few hours ago. However, when i opened my trunk just now, ive realized that tank was punctured, so theres 2.5 gallons of water in my trunk compartment. I saw water dripping out of the trunk from the outside of the car. So i got 3 rolls of paper towels and dried up as much water as i could from the spare tire compartment. Then I took out the carpeting to dry. Water also leaked into the rear seats of the cab, so i took the seats out too and dried that up. Right now, the windows are partially rolled down and i disconnected my battery to prevent anything from shorting. what else should i do? How long should i air out my car? I really dont want mildew or mold growing in the civic. =(
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
someone also told me i could unplug the drain in the trunk, but im not sure where it is.
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

hotdogpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
check underneath the sound deadener, there could be a drain there
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

i dont have my 7thgen with me right now, so i cant check it. but you should look around, lift some things up and keep searching before any rusting ensues
Old 01-10-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
yea there is a plug under the sound deadining material I had a gallon of milk thrash around in mine thanks to my wife once.. it was never the same
Old 01-10-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
get a heavy duty heater or drier and use that to dry out. make sure everything is dried out.
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
If theres still water in the trunk, get a wet/dry vac and suck as much as you can out. You can always use a hairdrier to get the rear seats, etc.
Old 01-10-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
If you can't find the drainhole and still have water in the trunk, you can get rid of the water like this:
Get a small hose(garden hose works as well), fill the hose up w/ water, cover both ends of the hose with you fingers, and intoduce one end the hose in your trunk..
The other end of the hose should be of course on the floor, gravity will take care of the rest..
Hope that helps..

Last edited by cubanmike26; 01-10-2006 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cubanmike26
If you can't find the drainhole and still have water in the trunk, you can get rid of the water like this:
Get a small hose(garden hose works as well), fill the hose up w/ water, cover both ends of the hose with you fingers, and intoduce one end the hose in your trunk..
The other end of the hose should be of course on the floor, gravity will take care of the rest..
Hope that helps..

now here's a guy who owns fish. hahah, awesome
Old 01-10-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
lol..I used to..basically the same procedure..
Old 01-10-2006
Tomotor

xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
now theres someone putting science to work
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cubanmike26
Hope that helps..
thats how i drain my fish tank. Thanks for all the help. I did what Marge did in the simpsons with the Brawny paper towels, i just threw in 3 rolls of paper towels and that was enough to soak up the 2 gallons of water. Everything is all dry now. Ill go check again to see if any wires were near the water. If not ill reconnect the battery. should i wait a little longer for the trunk to dry? its been 12-13 hours since i dried the car.
Old 01-10-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
sheit i need to do that to my fishtank. LOL.
Old 01-10-2006

Originally Posted by mrchowmein
should i wait a little longer for the trunk to dry? its been 12-13 hours since i dried the car.
Use a blowdrier to dry the trunk