Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

bad paint?

Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RJSinPA is an unknown quantity at this point
bad paint?

HELP! My 2004 Civic EX (Ruby Red?) is peeling and cracking paint on the hood and roof. The dealer said "it must be something environmental, acid rain, birds or berries." He said Honda will not fix it. The car is only 13 months old and only has 11,300 miles on it. They want $1300 to repaint the roof and hood. Does anyone know a good lawyer?
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

kool-aid is an unknown quantity at this point
I see Honda has not changed much when it comes to dealing with their paint warranty. You don't know how many hoods and roofs I have seen with "crows feet' or cracking paint that Honda refused to do anything about. You need to read your warranty concerning paint , I believe it is at least 3 yr/36000 and raise hell. Go to a couple of independant shops, get them to write the paint condition in the estimate, then go back to the dealership armed with knowledge. You or a lack of maintence caused this paint failure, and they are giving you a line of B.S. , hoping you will go away and not come back. Go to the saleman of your car or sales manager, tell them how the service rep treated you and how unhelpful they were. Trust me, they want you to come back and buy your next car from them.
Old 08-30-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
"act of god" therefore, paint isnt covered under warranty. if dealers did, cars would be lined up down the street getting new paint jobs.

have you kept this car well? not letting bird crap drying on it too long, and other dust that could harm the paint, using the wrong/cheap detailing products that couldve eaten the paint, people sitting on the top of your car, loading **** on the roof, etc. general rule for me is just a basic rinse down every other week, hand wash every month and a detail every season. gaurantee the clear coat will be active and paint looking fresh.
Old 08-30-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
you wont get anything out of it. its not worth even trying. everything jttegx said is true.
Old 08-30-2005
Registered!!

kool-aid is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda has had and continues to have paint problems. I'm sorry guys, but your paint cracking all over the hood and roof is not normal wear or something brought on by a lack of maintence. Does anybody remember all the peeling Ford and Chevy pickups from the early to mid 90's? Well, yes they were lined up down the street and yes they did get repainted under warranty. Honda service is among the worst when it comes to actually covering something under warranty.
Old 12-03-2005
Registered!!

arabianknight is an unknown quantity at this point
dam, well i got specs on my paint all over the car. i didn't use any cheap products or anything, these bumps of sand jus developed on my car and now they can't be taken off with a regular wash. i could say that my paint is not damaged but do you thing honda would take it off by any chance. i have a 2005 black civic ex SE with 10,600 miles on it and i bought it this year. it hasn't even been a whole year yet.
Old 12-09-2005
PC Tech / Autocrosser

PrecisnTec will become famous soon enoughPrecisnTec will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by arabianknight
dam, well i got specs on my paint all over the car. i didn't use any cheap products or anything, these bumps of sand jus developed on my car and now they can't be taken off with a regular wash. i could say that my paint is not damaged but do you thing honda would take it off by any chance. i have a 2005 black civic ex SE with 10,600 miles on it and i bought it this year. it hasn't even been a whole year yet.

use a wax safe detergent and wash your car down good, rinse, dry with towel / chamey. When the surface temperature is cool (since it's winter now it should be) use a claybar kit ), follow the instructions and claybar your whole car, then come back with a good carnuba wax. Your specs / bumps will be gone and it will be glass smooth.
Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

cLint is an unknown quantity at this point
Paint Job

hmmm... this seems like an old thread but i'll reply to it as well.

bad paint job? you're not the only one. when i bought my car, i didn't really check the paint job. so i was happy with the car for like a year or two. then one day i waxed it and came to see all these "fish eyes" so they call it. it's a defect in paint jobs where the paint globs up in the spray nozzle and flings itself onto the paint job. anyhow, the bottomline, it was defective til i noticed it.

what did i do about it? easy, i asked them to repaint parts of the car because these defects will induce rust in the future.

they gladly obliged but returned my car with a lousy paint job where u can see a definite transition.

what did i do? i complained again and one of their supervisors told me "well, it's only a civic"

that statement alone set me off. i didn't swear at her or anything but i asked her to repeat what she said but she refused. i asked her "if i bought an accord, u mean to say the paint job would be better?"

but so on and on it goes. i made a few phone calls here and there. honda canada talked to me and proposed that i have the whole car repainted at some bodyshop of my choice.

til now i havent repainted it yet since the car's not over 3 years yet. so i'll wait and i'll get a brand new paint job.

as to make me a "satisfied customer" they gave me an extended warranty crap. so yeah...
Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

civicrice should not be trustedcivicrice should not be trusted
it was probably just a lot of fallout. all u needed to do was clay it.