Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

damn! swirls swirls swirls help

Old 02-15-2005
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
damn! swirls swirls swirls help

so my whole car got swirled this winter from me doing a rushjob handwashing it when it was like 20 degrees out.. i know i should have just delt with the film since 30 seconds later my car was filthy again anyways.. but its too late for that now..
its not a show car or anything so now it prettymuch just looks like all the other cars on the road.. however theres a few spots that are really really bad and stick out a LOT... the worst one is in the middle of the trunk.. my guess is i used my finger to rub off some gunk or something... damnit..

anyone know of a good way to get rid of this
Old 02-15-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear that. I would pay somebody to fix that. Somebody who has a buffer, and wont just cover it up. Need an abraisive product to fix that. PM that meguiars guy on this site, and he may be able to tell you a good product (Meguiars of course, lol), but their waxes work awesome for me. I use their stuff weekly. Hit them up, and see. Goof Luck Fixing it.

Peace

You can find that guy in the Retail sales forum I believe it is.
Old 02-15-2005
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
alright thats what i figured.. looks like im just gunna get to pay someone to do it cuz im not dumb enough to touch my car with a buffer...

powertools + me + car = worst idea ever
Old 02-15-2005
Powered by Honda...

GuliziaN will become famous soon enoughGuliziaN will become famous soon enough
Black is tough on swirls... One of the reasons I chose to go with red...
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

danase is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.danase.com/gallery/album04

There was my black Civic. If you take the proper steps to wash and maintain your paint you won't have to worry about swirls too much. Oh, a good polish and knowing how to use a polisher helps.
Old 02-17-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by againifall
alright thats what i figured.. looks like im just gunna get to pay someone to do it cuz im not dumb enough to touch my car with a buffer...

powertools + me + car = worst idea ever
Thats what Im saying, I dont trust myself witha buffe yet. I have a white car, it used to be terrible with swirls. But the more I polish, wax, and clean, the better it looks, the more they seem to disappear. Only used 100% cotton as you probably know, and it should get better and better. But if you pay somebody 1 or 150 they should be able to get rid of it.
Old 02-17-2005
Won By One

teamPR0 is an unknown quantity at this point
try meguiars tech wax. i has some scuffs exactly like that on my car except a lil smaller. and the wax got rid of it
Old 02-18-2005
Registered!!

danase is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by teamPR0
try meguiars tech wax. i has some scuffs exactly like that on my car except a lil smaller. and the wax got rid of it

Wax won't get rid of scuffs. It might hide minor scratches for a bit but you will need abrasiveness to get rid of them.
Old 02-18-2005
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
I have that exact scratch on the middle of my trunk. It was because I tried to rub out some bird poop without enough water.
Old 02-18-2005
Go Team Venture!

hahaha well what do you think the goo was

of yer goin to the meet tomorrow we can compare poopswirls

that sounds dirty
Old 02-18-2005
Banned

MeguiarsEM is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you going to be doing all this work by hand? If so the best/safest way to remove the paint swirls and scratches would be to use a paint cleaner. A great/safe cleaner you can use by hand would be Meguiar's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner. Work in the paint cleaner section at a time (2x2 foot area), once it starts to haze stop and wipe off the residue with a clean terry cotton towel or micro-fiber towel and just repeat as necessary. PM if you have any other questions.

Originally Posted by againifall
so my whole car got swirled this winter from me doing a rushjob handwashing it when it was like 20 degrees out.. i know i should have just delt with the film since 30 seconds later my car was filthy again anyways.. but its too late for that now..
its not a show car or anything so now it prettymuch just looks like all the other cars on the road.. however theres a few spots that are really really bad and stick out a LOT... the worst one is in the middle of the trunk.. my guess is i used my finger to rub off some gunk or something... damnit..

anyone know of a good way to get rid of this
Old 02-18-2005
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road
poorboy's super swirl remover 2.5 (buy through danase)