Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Ice --> Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H-Ian is an unknown quantity at this point
Ice --> Windshield

Hey yawl..wondering if you can help me with this problem. Every morning I go out to my car there is ice on the inside of my windshield. Its about -15C so I expect it on the outside like everyone else. But every morning as I'm sitting in the car (pissed off) scraping the inside clean I notice that there are no other cars in the parking lot with this problem. Very annoying, being as that my civic is only 4 months old, is it possible theres a bad seal?? Or would a good cleaning with something prevent this? Or wondering if I should leave the defrost off on the way home from work...maybe window is too warm when I park and leave it for the night causing condensation, etc. Arggg
Old 02-01-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
i had this happen to me once and what had happened was that there is moisture in the air and when i was driving i had the window open and some of the moisture from outside got into the car and then i closed the windows and turned the car off and left it there overnigh. woke up and there was ice in the window. maybe try keeping the windows closed or if u do keep them closed, maybe u should use the heater with the recirculate on instead of having the hair from outside coming in. it could be just moisture buildup inside. cuz the civics are quite sealed from what i've heard. i haven't had the problem since tho.