Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Car-Cleaning Time

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005
Powered by Honda...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GuliziaN will become famous soon enoughGuliziaN will become famous soon enough
Car-Cleaning Time

Hey guys, being the hardcore cleaner I am... Usually I set aside a good 3-4 hour period for cleaning my entire vehicle... Engine Cmpt. Interior. Exterior... EVERYTHING... Just wondering if I go overboard... Also I clean and wax my car every other week.

How long does it usually take you guys to clean your cars?
Old 01-26-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
naw that aint overboard... if i'm doing an entire clean i'll spend 5+ hours...but since it's winter and -20...i dont clean that much anymore...i'll take it through the pressure wash but it's too cold for anything else. i'm hardcore too i like to clean every few days
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

civicrice should not be trustedcivicrice should not be trusted
cant really go overboard unless you buff your car every other week, or use chemicals all the time in the same places. I own a detailing business so i can clean my car (wash, vac, windows, dust off the inside, dress tires) in about 20 minutes.
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

danase is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, you can never go over board unless you take a highspeed to the paint every week. LOL

My suggestion to you though is to make sure you are using quality products and not garbage from the local grocery store.
Old 01-27-2005

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by GuliziaN
Just wondering if I go overboard... Also I clean and wax my car every other week.
When u first get your car your all, giddy about it.......kinda like when you first start dating a girl you like, you open doors, huggy kissy all the time. Then it all wears off and you get used to it. It's now old hat. The same goes for your car, eventually you'll be like...."AHHH, I'll wash it when it's warm" or "Thats just a litle dust" You won't be all worried about every little speck of dust.....
Old 01-27-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I go a lot more overboard than you, sh**. I wash my car every single week, takes about 4 hours, engine, exterior, interior, wheel wells, under my car, I h ave toothbrushes for interior, so many products. I wax every week, but by hand. Meguiars wax works good for me. I have a maaco paintjob, so I have to keep my car looking clean. And it looks better than any other car on the road. Poured all day yesterday, and my car is soooo clean right now. Water and dirt washes right off. I wash my car right before it rains sometimes, and wax it just so it will look good during/after the rain. I go way overboard. But I love my baby, so its worth it. I wont be washing this weekend though, probably not anyways, cuz I finally get 5 days w/my kids
Old 01-27-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GuliziaN
Hey guys, being the hardcore cleaner I am... Usually I set aside a good 3-4 hour period for cleaning my entire vehicle... Engine Cmpt. Interior. Exterior... EVERYTHING... Just wondering if I go overboard... Also I clean and wax my car every other week.

How long does it usually take you guys to clean your cars?

I get all that done within 2 hours. I wax about once a month/2 months
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

Black04ex will become famous soon enoughBlack04ex will become famous soon enough
I spend about 4 hours a week on mine. Wax every 3 months and polish and wax every 6. When I do the polish for swirls I spend 8 hours doing just the exterior, well worth the time.
Old 01-28-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
what's this "washing" you speak of?

it's like titleist said, it's become and old hat to me...i end up washing it every other 2 weeks in the summer and barely in the winter. i wax whenever i want to learn how to clay and polish and stuff but i'm scared of that waxing part
Old 01-28-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gh0st
what's this "washing" you speak of?

it's like titleist said, it's become and old hat to me...i end up washing it every other 2 weeks in the summer and barely in the winter. i wax whenever i want to learn how to clay and polish and stuff but i'm scared of that waxing part
lol,there is nothing to be scared of when you wax.
Old 01-28-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
i'm scared of claying and polishing :X

i don't want to leave swirl marks or mess up my paint because i pushed too hard or didn't buff it out good enough (i do it by hand..karate kid style)
Old 01-28-2005
Registered!!

no no. what you do just clay the car. go to the auto parts store, if you never waxed your car.. get some meguiars cleaner wax, and see if you can find some meguiars #16 wax. its in a blue tin can. put 2 coats of that on. and you'll be set.
Old 02-01-2005
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
I am a detailer too...but I dont clean my car at all...It has been 6 months since I have washed my car....It gets washed when it rains. In the spring and summer I am usually too busy doing other peoples cars, and I dont have time to do my own
Old 02-02-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
Originally Posted by civicdude
I am a detailer too...but I dont clean my car at all...It has been 6 months since I have washed my car....It gets washed when it rains. In the spring and summer I am usually too busy doing other peoples cars, and I dont have time to do my own
you should clean yours so it's always clean... so your customers see how good you work...
Old 02-02-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Like the Shoemaker without shoes. hehe

Or this guy I know, he does bodywork, and his car is scratched all over.
he was making fun of himself.

Claybar is easy. You wont mess that up. Just read the directions to figure out how to do it, and it will work easily, and youll be glad you did. I think it was 15 bucks from autozone for ClayMagic. Comes with the lube and clay.