Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

locked dirt into the car paint! help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
locked dirt into the car paint! help!!!

hey,

I wax the car using the mcguires, however, there was some dirt in the pad and now I notice there are dirt (light gray prints) on the car hood...it looks like something you have when the car is dirty...

And I try to clean then off but I can't...I applied some soap on it but the print will never go away...it looks like I losk the dirt under the wax, or maybe I locked the dirt into the paint...

I need some help, does this ever ahppen to any of you??

thanks!!
Old 10-31-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
try the clay bar
Old 10-31-2004
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
mmm

Originally Posted by rckdrmr
try the clay bar
Isn't the clay bar's function putting a layer of clay on the paint?

so I would add one more layer and burry the dirt even deeper?

or am I wrong?
Old 10-31-2004
Registered!!

mogwai will become famous soon enough
A clay bar will remove dirt/oxidation that's embedded in the paint. It will not add a layer of clay onto your car. It will even strip off the wax you have on there now so you'll have to wax afterwards.
Old 10-31-2004
Registered!!

ok

Originally Posted by mogwai
A clay bar will remove dirt/oxidation that's embedded in the paint. It will not add a layer of clay onto your car. It will even strip off the wax you have on there now so you'll have to wax afterwards.
thanks a lot,

will it however hurt the paint as well?

because it is weired, I used soap and brush to try to brush off the dirt that is embedded in, and I can't get it off...

a clay will be as strong as a bleech?
Old 10-31-2004
Registered!!

No, it won't hurt the paint. The main thing would be to keep the area you're working on lubricated with quick detailer so the clay won't rub off on the paint. Also, as you're claying check the clay bar and remove any large particles it picks up so it won't scratch your paint. It's really easy to use and worth the effort.

I wouldn't compare a clay bar with bleach. It's not that type of cleaner. Basically, all the crap on your paint transfers onto the clay bar.

As far as clay bars are concerned, I would recommend Mother's California Gold Clay. Bar. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Clay bar is what you want. Just go get one and give it a shot.
Old 11-01-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, defianately worth it, very very easy to use, and it will shine like better than new when your done. I put a nice wax on after, and it really shines.
Old 11-01-2004
Registered!!

lub

Originally Posted by mogwai
No, it won't hurt the paint. The main thing would be to keep the area you're working on lubricated with quick detailer so the clay won't rub off on the paint. Also, as you're claying check the clay bar and remove any large particles it picks up so it won't scratch your paint. It's really easy to use and worth the effort.

I wouldn't compare a clay bar with bleach. It's not that type of cleaner. Basically, all the crap on your paint transfers onto the clay bar.

As far as clay bars are concerned, I would recommend Mother's California Gold Clay. Bar. Good luck!
mmm, I wash cars but I don't know detailing...

what do you mean "lubricated with quick detailer"...can I just get the clay and rub it? without the lubrification?
Old 11-01-2004
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
nahhh...use the lubricant or at least some soapy water. do a search on clay bars on this site and you'll find links on how to use it.

first time i used clay, the damn bar was like black gray it picked up so much stuff
Old 11-01-2004
Registered!!

does any of you has some personal magic liquide to wash the car? or each time you wash you go buy those expensive car wash solutions are suggested in this site?
Old 11-02-2004
Registered!!

When you buy the clay, it will come with the quick detailer to keep the area lubed. As mentioned by YUL, you can also use soapy water. Here's a link on how to clay... just scroll down till you see it.

http://www.properautocare.com/rempainconov.html

As far as car soaps, I just use Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo since it's easily accessible. It's pretty good. I heard good things about their NXT car wash as well. That's next on my list (no pun intended...).