Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   locked dirt into the car paint! help!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/181153-locked-dirt-into-car-paint-help.html)

orion_squall 10-31-2004 04:00 PM

locked dirt into the car paint! help!!!

hey,

I wax the car using the mcguires, however, there was some dirt in the pad and now I notice there are dirt (light gray prints) on the car hood...it looks like something you have when the car is dirty...

And I try to clean then off but I can't...I applied some soap on it but the print will never go away...it looks like I losk the dirt under the wax, or maybe I locked the dirt into the paint...

I need some help, does this ever ahppen to any of you??

thanks!!

rckdrmr 10-31-2004 06:25 PM

try the clay bar

orion_squall 10-31-2004 07:07 PM

mmm

Originally Posted by rckdrmr
try the clay bar

Isn't the clay bar's function putting a layer of clay on the paint?

so I would add one more layer and burry the dirt even deeper?

or am I wrong?

mogwai 10-31-2004 07:30 PM

A clay bar will remove dirt/oxidation that's embedded in the paint. It will not add a layer of clay onto your car. It will even strip off the wax you have on there now so you'll have to wax afterwards.

orion_squall 10-31-2004 08:03 PM

ok

Originally Posted by mogwai
A clay bar will remove dirt/oxidation that's embedded in the paint. It will not add a layer of clay onto your car. It will even strip off the wax you have on there now so you'll have to wax afterwards.

thanks a lot,

will it however hurt the paint as well?

because it is weired, I used soap and brush to try to brush off the dirt that is embedded in, and I can't get it off...

a clay will be as strong as a bleech?

mogwai 10-31-2004 09:34 PM

No, it won't hurt the paint. The main thing would be to keep the area you're working on lubricated with quick detailer so the clay won't rub off on the paint. Also, as you're claying check the clay bar and remove any large particles it picks up so it won't scratch your paint. It's really easy to use and worth the effort.

I wouldn't compare a clay bar with bleach. It's not that type of cleaner. Basically, all the crap on your paint transfers onto the clay bar.

As far as clay bars are concerned, I would recommend Mother's California Gold Clay. Bar. Good luck!

bobbyd 11-01-2004 07:50 AM

Clay bar is what you want. Just go get one and give it a shot. ;)

2K1Civic17"Gabe 11-01-2004 01:54 PM

Yeah, defianately worth it, very very easy to use, and it will shine like better than new when your done. I put a nice wax on after, and it really shines.

orion_squall 11-01-2004 04:08 PM

lub

Originally Posted by mogwai
No, it won't hurt the paint. The main thing would be to keep the area you're working on lubricated with quick detailer so the clay won't rub off on the paint. Also, as you're claying check the clay bar and remove any large particles it picks up so it won't scratch your paint. It's really easy to use and worth the effort.

I wouldn't compare a clay bar with bleach. It's not that type of cleaner. Basically, all the crap on your paint transfers onto the clay bar.

As far as clay bars are concerned, I would recommend Mother's California Gold Clay. Bar. Good luck!

mmm, I wash cars but I don't know detailing...

what do you mean "lubricated with quick detailer"...can I just get the clay and rub it? without the lubrification?

YUL 11-01-2004 08:57 PM

nahhh...use the lubricant or at least some soapy water. do a search on clay bars on this site and you'll find links on how to use it.

first time i used clay, the damn bar was like black gray it picked up so much stuff

orion_squall 11-01-2004 11:14 PM

does any of you has some personal magic liquide to wash the car? or each time you wash you go buy those expensive car wash solutions are suggested in this site?

mogwai 11-02-2004 12:12 AM

When you buy the clay, it will come with the quick detailer to keep the area lubed. As mentioned by YUL, you can also use soapy water. Here's a link on how to clay... just scroll down till you see it.

http://www.properautocare.com/rempainconov.html

As far as car soaps, I just use Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo since it's easily accessible. It's pretty good. I heard good things about their NXT car wash as well. That's next on my list (no pun intended...).