Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Coffee stains in the carpet...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004
..w0rrrrrrd..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
Coffee stains in the carpet...

Ok, so i'm a big coffee drinker and always put my dunkin donuts coffee in the cup holder. Everytime i turn real hard... i end up spilling coffee all over the sides of the front cupholder and it also stained the carpet in the car. Is there any methods you guys use to remove all the stains? I was thinking of going to a super market and get one of those spot removers and spray it on my carpet.. or maybe use that oxi- clean stuff i bought awhile back and use it... If this doesn't work out... how much do you guys think i can expect to get it professionally cleaned? ..the coffee stains have been there since i had the car.. since mid 2001.. so idk... they might be permanent stains?!... yikes i hope not... what do you guys think?
Old 10-21-2004
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
Coffee is yum yum.. Just start usein anything man
Old 10-21-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Oxi clean should get it out. Get a hard brissel brush and scrub it in and let the oxi clean soak a while.

Hard to say what it will cost professionally since every place seems to charge somethign diferent.
Old 10-21-2004
Registered!!

SaNdStoRmRSX is an unknown quantity at this point
i've had a mountain dew code red stain on my carpet that i'm trying to get out as well... i bought one of those cans of carpet cleaner from kragens that come with that plastic red brush thing but all it did was make my red stain to a pink stain... i will try some household capet cleaners and see if it can get it out...
Old 10-21-2004
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
Some Oxy in hot water will get it out, but make sure you dab it with a clean paper towel and don't rub it in. Of course, the Oxy may also lighten your carpet. Not a problem if you have tan carpet, but will probably bleach out darker carpets. 409 or one of those brands makes good carpet cleaner that took some cafe mocha stains out of my tan carpet.