Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Meguiars PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Meguiars PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish

anyone have this? I have scratches on my headlights and im trying to think of ways to get them out.

I heard that I can use compound.. but, I rather get some more opinions.

The scratches arent deep... but, I guess a lil deep? And a lot of swirly type marks and rock chips? idk... Anyway to get SOME of it out?
Old 08-29-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...ght=a+guide+to

awesome!

maybe there is an easier way though?
Old 08-30-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
It's gonna be hard to get out scratches and chips, since that's considered damage. Only way would be some kind of sanding, but that might make it worse.
Old 08-30-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I hear a lot of guys WET-SAND their headlights. I've seen the results, and they look really good (like almost good-as-new), but I'm too chickensh1t to try it myself.
I have the PlastX stuff here, I bought it for my headlights. IMO since it IS a microabrasive eventually with enough elbow grease you'll get scratches out. But really without subjecting it to an electric buffer you'll only get minor swirl marks out.