Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Liquid glass? or nufinish

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kiwi133 is an unknown quantity at this point
Liquid glass? or nufinish

Ok, so i will start out by saying that on my previous cars I had been a Nu-Finish guy and it never let me down. When I got my new civic, i also went ahead and got this dealer paint sealant package thing where they buff on three coats of stuff, heat it and then buff it off. it suposedly has teflon in it and will last for 8 years. Now i don't believe that it will last for 8 years at all, but if my paint ever looks like **** in the next 8 years, then the dealer has to fix it. (thats why i got it)
Anyway, I got a can of this Liquid glass stuff which is supposed to be really good, and its an acrylic rather than a wax or polish. Only i don't know if i want to use it because it seems to be a rather perminant thing. especially since i don't know how good the dealers teflon stuff is. (if it actually is pretty good, and stays on the car, i wouldn't want to apply acrylic over teflon)

SOMEONE HELP ME DECIDE!
Old 12-31-2003
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
to me.. that sealant package is waste. no matter what... your car is gonna get dinged up, scratched, etc. some may be light as some might be down to bare metal. after 8 years, i'll probably want a different car anyways. just wash & wax your car frequently, and the finish will look good as long as you own your vehicle.
Old 01-04-2004
Tuckin' 19's

danscreations is an unknown quantity at this point
I have used alot of differant waxes and such....one of them being Liquid Glass...It went on very easy and was a little harder to remove than regular wax. Over all I usally use Meguiars Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax and shine wise they came out equal, feel wise Meguiars was smoother and felt better. However, Liquid Glass is one of the only option for ppl who live where it gets hot (ex: Florida) because wax melts. Liquid Glass do to it being acrylic means it won't melt and will last. So if your where it just gets hot a month or two use the wax, but if its hot all the time use Liquid Glass.
Old 01-08-2004
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
I have also tried numerous waxes and i live in Tx where there is no winter to speak of, its always hot. And i find that the Meguiars line of polishes, waxes, cleaners work the best for my car. It keeps the red a deep glossy color, smooth as glass and cleans and buffs off very easy.