What's going on with wax? - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2003   #1  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
What's going on with wax?

As some of you know I recently moved to Illinois from Nevada. It's been only a week since I waxed the car, and when I wash it the water doesn't even bead up. Did the wax just come off already, or maybe the soft water here doesn't bead up? It rains a few times a week here too. Just trying to figure out what's going on.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003   #2  
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
what kinda wax you use?
Mr.Modify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003   #3  
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Oh sorry it's Meguiar's hi tech yellow wax #26. In Reno the water would bead up on it for at least a few months, if not longer.
Old 09-14-2003   #4  
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
hmmmm...damm then i dunno because i use that wax to!! maybe wax it harder or something!! lol how long does it take you to wax your car?
Mr.Modify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003   #5  
Premium Member

A couple hours, but I'm thinking it's the weather, or the water. I'm gonna go see if it still feels smooth.
Old 09-15-2003   #6  
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Did it rain alot during the week? If it did then thats the cause. You need to use a better wax for more protection. I suggext using Kit wax, or Nu finish or finish 2001 for a longer protection on the paints surface.
civicdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003   #7  
Premium Member

Thanks civicdude. Are those other waxes easy to apply and take off?
Old 09-16-2003   #8  
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Yes the NuFinish and Kit are very easy to apply and take off...They Also do not leave any powder residue when you are removing them.
civicdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003   #9  
OyD
Registered!!

OyD is an unknown quantity at this point
i don't know about the wax but i just bought a new bottle of meguirars endurance tire shine and it is really watered down compared to my last bottle. it pours out of the bottle like water where as the last bottle i had was more like the consistancy of something like shampoo. the applicator brush is also really cheap with the new one.
OyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003   #10  
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
this may be a stupid question but did you shake the bottle first?
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003   #11  
Premium Member

Yes I shook the bottle. It seems pretty mixed already, but I shake everything to be sure.

Civicdude, why is Kit wax only $3.50 and the Meguiars 26 is $10? I did notice that the Kit says good for 12 months. Maybe noone's heard of the brand but it's really good?
Old 09-21-2003   #12  
Abercrombie and Fitch

joescivic02 is on a distinguished road
i use turtles spray wax or meguires gold class.....
joescivic02 is offline   Reply With Quote