Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

What kind of grease, where?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
What kind of grease, where?

I want to wash up my engine bay and other areas (door jamb, etc.)

So, I went out and bought some Green Stuff remover (or whatever it's called)...

Thing is, what kind of grease do I use to replace the grease I will be removing?

My door hinges have some white grease on it.
My hood latch and hood swivel points (near firewall) all have some brownish (well, now black) lookign grease.

Can I only use one kind in place of both? I bought a tub of white grease..... In addition, there was an aerosol can of white grease as well, does anyone know if this is better/same as the tub of white grease that I have?? The tub's got the consistency of toothpaste I think.... Not sure about the spray can. I'm thinking of using a finger in a glove to apply the white stuff... any other ideas?
Old 09-21-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
The dealer said they use silicon as a lubricant. When they did my sunroof after it started squeaking, I noticed there was white grease around it. Probably what you got.