Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Getting out oil stains?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Getting out oil stains?

The last time I went to Honda to get a fuel sender replaced under warranty, the tech spilled fuel under the back seat cushion and there are oil stains all over the front and rear floor mats. They gave me a free detail but the oil stains are still there. Any ideas, or am I stuck with them?
Old 08-20-2003
I need TP for my bunghole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Try this stuff it is $4.49 a bottle.

http://store.yahoo.com/rodi/kaf35362.html
Old 08-20-2003
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Oil is hard...you may need to replace the carpet....I would bring it to the dealer and complain
Old 08-20-2003
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
go back and bitch at them to fix what they did...

try talking to the 'Director of Operations' or 'Customer Relations Department' if you get no help from the service department
(this worked for me when honda did something and didnt claim responsibility for their screw-up)
Old 08-20-2003
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
That might be hard, considering my dealer is 2000 miles away (the one that messed it up. Thanks for the help, though.
Old 08-20-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
wtf! ... your honda dealership is 2000 miles away ... ??
Old 08-20-2003
Premium Member

Yeah, I just moved to Illinois from Nevada. I doubt they would have given me free mats, though.
Old 08-20-2003
Extreme Member

ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Try goo gone, it works for all sorts of stuff that gets on my paint job, I think I got black stuff from asvault on my car one time, and that stuff came off with goo gone. I also get stuff in my carpet, stains, and they come out with the stuff.
Old 08-20-2003
Premium Member

Thanks for the suggestion...I've gots to get me some googone.
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Toca is an unknown quantity at this point
Use some degreaser from autozone be careful with it it could discolor the carpet but its better than haveing the stain. The best thing you could do is dilute it with some water and scrub it and wet vac it up
Old 09-05-2003
Premium Member

If you cant get to a dealer...I would try Aftalyne....Do not use Degreaser as it says in tocas post. It will ruin the carpet. Goto Home Depot or Lowes or any other store like that, and pick up Aftalyne. It is a solvent that removes, dirt, grease, oil, blood and other stuff from the cars exterior, and interior.....If nothing will work...this might actually work....Im not promising you though.
Old 09-06-2003
Premium Member

Googone actually worked quite well. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Old 09-06-2003
Premium Member

really wow I cant believe that googone was strong enough to remove oil..Im happy to see that u got the stain out