Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Anyone worked on Body Shop? Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clementlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Anyone worked on Body Shop? Need help!

Hi, I own an 2003 Acura EL 1.7 from Canada... the other day some a$$hole scratch me with a KEY on the bumper... So I take it to my Dealer, and they say they can fix it for $150 CDN plus TAX! So fine... I pay it then..

They used someone called "Color WOrks" where they drive a van and come to the dealership to do it! But they did a SUCK JOB!

First, I got dusk on the paint, and my door panel around the paint job that they done now have a HAZE on it... Is this Over Spray??? It also on my Coner of my Trunk Lips...

Now around the corner of my 1.7EL Emblem, the clear coat is peeling out! I think all they do is spary a clear coat on it! and didn't sand it down before they done it....

I bring it to another Body Shop, and they say it will cost around $230 to fix this mess! He say the proper way to do it is drop the bumper take out then take the 1.7 EL Emblem out and sand it down then paint it....

I called Acura and he tell me to bring it back to the Dealer on Tuesday... But I told him I don't wanted those people to touch my car again!
Old 07-24-2003
Registered!!

03CivicEX03 should not be trusted03CivicEX03 should not be trusted
Yeah.. Tell them!!
Old 07-24-2003
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
Yea, 230$ sounds like the right price. They probably just sprayed over the scratch. I wouldnt trust a person riding around in a fan from place to place to fix up scratch on my car .
Old 07-25-2003
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Have the other body shop fix it and have the Acura dealership fork over the tab...They should pay for their laziness
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

Well.. they even srew up my skird.... My skird on my bumper now also peeling on the edge! Everywhere is peeling! I don't know is that the orginal Clear Coat or he just pay on top of everything!

The dealer ask me to see him on Tuesday... I already spend $150... I asked around paint the hold bumper is around $300 to $350!! I going to tell them I will pay then another $200 but have it done in a body shop... and I wanted everythings off! before sparying... I want the emblem off the bumper off and the skird off before spraying!!!
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by clementlo
Well.. they even srew up my skird.... My skird on my bumper now also peeling on the edge! Everywhere is peeling! I don't know is that the orginal Clear Coat or he just pay on top of everything!

The dealer ask me to see him on Tuesday... I already spend $150... I asked around paint the hold bumper is around $300 to $350!! I going to tell them I will pay then another $200 but have it done in a body shop... and I wanted everythings off! before sparying... I want the emblem off the bumper off and the skird off before spraying!!!

You shouldn't have to pay anymore than you have. Go to the dealer and talk to them. They should be paying for any further work cause they screwed up
Old 07-27-2003
Registered!!

erica02civicCPE is an unknown quantity at this point
That's crazzzy. I can't believe Acura would do that. stupid dealerships. tell them to fork over the cash
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

Got my car back... but still have problems!

Hi, everyone... Here is an update...

I bring the car back on Tuesday, and what do you know.. the owner of this Acura East in Ajax is the same owner of a Nissan Dealer & Body Shop...

So they took my car and bring it to the Nissan Body Shop To Paint it! I have to shell out $200 extra to have the hold bumper painted...

I goes fine... as long they do a good job!

I got the car back today... I look around.. there is few spot they have to thick and runs on the clear coat... that is no problem... they could wet sand it out...

But I have a big problem on the side of my bumper... there is like a custer of dust inside the paint! And the dust is the same color as my bumper... ??? Do they just paint over the dust???

Can they sand those out? I put my hand and it is smooth...!! **** I don't want to paint the bumper again for the thrid time!
Old 07-31-2003
Registered!!

Dude....u are having way to many problems...take it somewhere u trust and make the dealer pay for it..thats bullshit the way they are treatin u
Old 07-31-2003
Registered!!

Unhappy My pain continue.....

Today, I bring my car back to Nissan to have the dust sand out... only to find out that they can't! It is inside the paint... they say they going to redo the hold bumper again...

So I wait till 3:30 P.M. to get my car back.. only to find out the color didn't match!

My car is silver... and now you can see my bumper is much darker then the rest of the car! I bring it back half an hour later and show it to them...

The right sider bumper is a little darker then the rest of the car.. but the left side is really dark!

I begin to think because they spray so many coat of clear coat on top... so that my bumper look much darker then the rest of the car... My Skirt at the back is darker then the front skirt!!!

The manger however, is pertty friendly... he say yea.. that is a problem.. he tell me to call him back on next Tuesday and made a appointment for next week to have it done.. He say he is very busy right now, and Monday is long weekend....

He say the bumper have to come off again, and have to be redone yet again!!!

I actually feel bad to bring it back so many times...!!! but this is really stink!!!