Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

Engine management questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dameancharles is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine management questions

So I went to the hondata website and they told me that a d17 ecu was not able to be converted to a tunable ecu, is this true. And if so, am I able to use any different ecu, it says I can use a donor Acura ecu. I want to avoid this if possible, is there any other engine management system I can use that wont require this. And if kpro is definitely the way to go with engine management, how should I go about getting the ecu and then sending it to hondata, thanks.
Old 05-13-2019
Super Moderator

Received 1,858 Likes on 1,305 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: Engine management questions

A quick search would have answered all your questions. You cannot install Kpro on the D17 ECU, you have to use an ECU from a USDM Civic Si or an Acura RSX. You can then load a D17 calibration to run the stock engine properly.

If you want to buy another ECU just search online. I've heard car-part.com, you could also try finding one in a local junkyard. Once you have the donor ECU you have to find a local Hondata dealer, user their website to find the one closest to you. You'll drop off the ECU, they'll send it to Hondata to have Kpro installed, then it will be shipped back to the dealer for you to pick up.