Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

Emanage Full DIY Install-NEW UPDATE 9/30/05

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
My rpm was crazy off the crank position but came to normal when I wired it to the engine speed pulse. But as far as the ignition harness. I have to agree it retards all the way across so why would it matter.
mine was zactly the same! And thanx for the heads up on the fix
Old 07-14-2005
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
so i am assuming that us vtec head swappers are gonna be using 4-8-E ? also andyman, i'll be looking to get with you on aim, i have a few questions for ya.
Old 08-30-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, few updates. Hyaboosta and tfnaaf are correct, you will use the blue wire on connector E for the engine speed pulse for rpm. But, mine was pin 6 or 7 I believe, can't remember.

Also, for your ignition coils, if you don't plan on running individual trims for each cylinder, you can wire any channel into any cylinder you choose, it DOES NOT matter. Just make sure your in and out from the same channel go to the same cylinder.
Old 09-27-2005
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light
hi well i have been reading alot about he emanage wiring setup but i have been asking.
I also saw the plug and play main, ignition & injector harnass.all will be hoocked up right?witout cutting any wires form the stock harnass?here in belgium no one runs
emanage so you boosted people can suply some good info sinds i will be the 1ste
belgium running it.

peace
Old 09-30-2005
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
I have an ignition harness problem..

I've hooked up my ignition harness following the DIY exactly as read. The car won't start. We got it to start once or twice but it ran really rough and gave a misfire on cyl 2 code. Can someone verify the ins/outs wires? Od does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?
Old 09-30-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
injector size?
Old 09-30-2005
Premium Member

stock injectors
Old 09-30-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XSRCivic
stock injectors
Check your jumper and rotary settings.
Old 09-30-2005
Turbo Guru

Some updates:

First, and most important. In both the blue and the ultimate manuals, it specifically says for individual inline 4 ignition systems:
channel 1 of emanage - cylinder 1
channel 2 of emanage - cylinder 3
channel 3 of emanage - cylinder 4
channel 4 of emanage - cylinder 2
Input means the wire goes to the ECU for the ignition.
Output means it goes out to the coil in the engine bay.

I didn't see this warning in the blue manual, but it is in the ultimate manual, so I would follow this:
*make sure the ignition wires are connected in the proper order shown in the chart above. Improper wiring of the ignition wires can cause damage to the ignition coils.

For the airflow/map sensor:
Input means to the engine bay/map sensor.
Output means to the ECU.

For the VTEC wires:
Input means to the ECU.
Output means to the engine bay for the VTEC solenoid.

For the VTM wire:
Cut the VTM wire at the harness and connect the VTM wire from the emanage going into the ecu. Tape and leave the other end of the VTM wire going to the engine bay.

One more quick note:
There was discussion before about which wire to use for the RPM signal. I used the crank angle sensor and so did a few others, everyone else used the actual tach signal wire (engine speed pulse.)

The engine speed pulse wire is the correct wire...only for the blue.
The ultimate uses both cam and crank angle sensors which is much better because it doesn't have to guess based on every full rotation but it can be much more accurate based on the position of the crank and cam.

EDIT-I am updating my first post with all new information as it is found.

Last edited by andyman97; 09-30-2005 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-30-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
this thread will be my lifeline once i start my install, thanks andyman. good ****.
Old 09-30-2005
Turbo Guru

No prob, man.
Rep points, people, rep points!
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light
hey never realy seen a final word about the wiring of the igpls an the channels
what is the correct on?coil1-1chan coil2-chan3 coil3-4chan coil4-2chan
or coil1-chan1 coil2-chan2 coil3-chan3 coil4-chan4?
Old 10-27-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
here it is....

Originally Posted by andyman97
NEW UPDATE-9/30/05
Some updates:

First, and most important. In both the blue and the ultimate manuals, it specifically says for individual inline 4 ignition systems:
channel 1 of emanage - cylinder 1
channel 2 of emanage - cylinder 3
channel 3 of emanage - cylinder 4
channel 4 of emanage - cylinder 2
Input means the wire goes to the ECU for the ignition.
Output means it goes out to the coil in the engine bay.

I didn't see this warning in the blue manual, but it is in the ultimate manual, so I would follow this:
*make sure the ignition wires are connected in the proper order shown in the chart above. Improper wiring of the ignition wires can cause damage to the ignition coils.
Old 10-28-2005
Registered!!

hahaha damn stupid me lol overlooked the update?
thx again Tfnaaf

Last edited by DaRk_MauL; 10-28-2005 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2005
Registered!!

well so i am wiring up my harnass for my ex 04,na first till i get turbo setup done.sow on the DIY its says all blue has to be connected, main emanage connector WHITE in pin 12 and i cant find what cable needs to be in pin 13.so looked at the greddy manual and they have pin 12 open and WHITE in pin 13.so i am a little confused.
Old 10-29-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

Originally Posted by DaRk_MauL
well so i am wiring up my harnass for my ex 04,na first till i get turbo setup done.sow on the DIY its says all blue has to be connected, main emanage connector WHITE in pin 12 and i cant find what cable needs to be in pin 13.so looked at the greddy manual and they have pin 12 open and WHITE in pin 13.so i am a little confused.
If im understanding you correctly its shown on the first post as...

ECU connector A #19 ---------------> E-manage #12(white) in, #16 (green) out
?????
If you need more infor i can look it up in my notes to make sure. Sorry for late reply had work today
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tfnaaf
If im understanding you correctly its shown on the first post as...

ECU connector A #19 ---------------> E-manage #12(white) in, #16 (green) out
?????
If you need more infor i can look it up in my notes to make sure. Sorry for late reply had work today
yeah the DIY is saying ECU connector A #19 ---------------> E-manage #12(white) in, #16 (green) out but than take a look at the main emanage harnass
you will notice that all pins that need to be connected are blue and pin 13 of
the emanage harnass is blue too. The DIY is not saying anything about what
wire has to be there!?

Than i looked at the greddy manual and for vtec engines it says
DIY is saying ECU connector A #19 ---------------> E-manage #13(white) in, #16 (green)

I bouth my emanage from a 7thgen member and was than checking up how
he hooked it up and it was gray #12 white #13 yellow #14 light blue #15 . on the
e-manange main harnass. I thing i also read something about that gray
wire but dont know that exactly.

Hope i wrote it down a little better this time.
no prob on the reply live in belgium so different time.

Last edited by DaRk_MauL; 10-30-2005 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-30-2005
Turbo Guru

K, look at my diagram on page 1:
Pin 13 on the emanage main harness is the airflow input (MAP)
Pin 17 on the emanage main harness is the airflow input (MAP)
Gray wire is for the TPS.

Just follow what's in the Greddy manual for vehicles with VTEC (unless you don't have vtec, don't wire up the vtec wires because you won't have them in your engine wiring harness anyways.)

Last edited by andyman97; 10-30-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

could it be possible that you have some incorrect wirings on the schematics
in post 1?
this is what i got following the greddy manual and your info.
Think this is a right wiring now for a vtec setup

Ecu A con.----------------------Emanage
#7 Crank-----------------------nothing
#15 TPS r/blk ------------------#12 gray
#19 Map Grn/r------------------#13 white [in]- #17 green [out]

Ecu B con.----------------------Emanage

this is ok for my vtec

Ecu E con.----------------------Emanage
#26 ESP blu--------------------#16 Brown

So now take a look at your wiring in post 1 i think these are incorrect.
you used #18 two times and the rest isnt either according to greddy manual
and your info.

Ecu A con.----------------------Emanage
#7 crank ----------------------#15 brown
#15 TPS-----------------------#18 grey
#19 Map ----------------------#12 white [in]- #16 green [out]
Ecu B con.----------------------Emanage
#9 vtec oil press---------------#18 VTM [out]
Old 10-30-2005
Turbo Guru

I think I made some changes on my diagram after original posting that may shed some inaccuracies. You should be able to figure it out with the manual. As far as other things, I've upadated the original post to reflect.
Old 10-31-2005
Registered!!

i got it all together now.shouldnt it be updated?
Old 10-31-2005
Turbo Guru

Sure but my life doesn't revolve around updating this. I'll do it when I have time.
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

so after putting it all together and made this wire up for vtec engines.
take a look at it and let me know if there would be something incorrect.
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

Hey,
with the info in the greddy manual and andyman his info made this
update diagram.hope this will help some.

Old 12-23-2005
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
good info, thanks!
Old 01-17-2006
Registered!!

maxquebec is an unknown quantity at this point
>Cool Thank's
Old 01-17-2006
Turbo Guru

Damn people, rep me if this helps you. I'm glad to do it but you can express your appreciation!
Old 01-22-2006
Registered!!

Matulin407 is an unknown quantity at this point
no means to jack, but if using the PnP that eliminates the wiring right? atleast thats what i thought. Also can Pnp harness for Standard blue emanage work on the Ultimate? (lol i want pizza now.)

ty in advance
Old 02-20-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Matulin407
if using the PnP that eliminates the wiring right?
bump! : )

wondering the same thing, With the PnP harness from dezod, what would we have to do from this DIY?
Old 02-21-2006
Registered!!

euh yeah you dont need to wire cable into the ecu harnass.
just plug and play.

Quick Reply: Emanage Full DIY Install-NEW UPDATE 9/30/05