Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Replacing rear suspension [solved]

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2024
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacing rear suspension [solved]

On my 2001 EX Civic my upper and lower control arms are shot. The rear just bounces when I go over bumps. I want to replace the springs, struts, upper and lower control arms and bushings. Anyone happen to know what else I should replace since I'll be under there? Or if there's anything else I'm missing to do. I'm trying to compile a list of everything on RockAuto to order and do since I've got time in my hands.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2024
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,138 Likes on 952 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
re: Replacing rear suspension [solved]

Moved because it's not a diy.
check the sway bar links, and any other bushings.
Check the front end as well
Old 03-25-2024
Super Moderator

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,335 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

You likely only need shocks to stop the bouncing.
The following users liked this post:
Colin42 (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024
Registered!!

The front end I've already taken care of but I appreciate the heads up on that. I do believe you're right about just replacing the shocks but since I've never replaced anything in the rear I want to do it right and have everything new. Any part numbers that are recommended? I'm seeing some upper control arms have brackets and others don't.
Old 03-26-2024
Super Moderator

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,335 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

You can get adjustable upper control arms to fix camber issues. Otherwise just find something on RockAuto. Brackets are probably for the ABS wire. Zip ties work well too.

I put a set of MEVOTECH adjustable arms on my CRV to fix the negative camber. One of them also had a failed bushing.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

I changed the rear strut assemblies, upper control arms and lower control arms, as well as the sway bar links. Car rides smooth as ever and have no issues with the rear suspension anymore.
The following users liked this post:
sdaidoji (2 Weeks Ago)