Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Wheel bearings issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Andym is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheel bearings issues

this is for about my one loyal and only car( Civic 2005 LX )
The car had been feeling heavy moving forward and also slight noise coming at about 40mph on the front wheels bearings driver side, today using infrared thermometer the temperature difference was about 10°F difference.

Had Front Passenger bearing replaced at a honda dealer when bearing went bad at around 40,000miles
It's now 128,000 miles and I believe and hope it's only the driver side this time, I will be replacing it myself tomorrow and I hope the part of getting the bearing press out don't give too much trouble or I believe I will end up buying some pulling kit at Harbor freight.

Another thing I notice the ball joint rubber cap cracked and the struts shock absorbers are completely gone and I'm looking for a way to replace them when I have the money, they are costly.
Beside that is there anything else on the suspension side that could be of very importance to get replaced?

Recently did by myself, timing belt,water pump, spark plugs, all the head gaskets part and oil pan gasket and valve adjustment and also 3 transmission oil changes, coolant flushing. All perfect well with calm and detail, the engine seems to be working better than ever. I temporary repaired the ac blower motor which had stopped working. I never added any ac a134r Freon yet since I bought the car new but it's in need of it
Old 02-20-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Wheel bearings issues

Check tie rods and LCA bushings while you are at it. With that mileage they may need replacing. An alignment will need to be done afterward so its best to do all that stuff at once.

Press is great to get the bearing out and also a nice pair of snap ring pliers as the one that holds the wheel bearing is hefty.

Incomplete but has what you need:

Wheel Bearing DIY
Old 02-21-2019
Registered!!

Perfect thanks a bunch.
I'm gonna need to go to a place to have the bearing out and in. I need 2 ball joints too
Old 02-22-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Check tie rods and LCA bushings while you are at it. With that mileage they may need replacing. An alignment will need to be done afterward so its best to do all that stuff at once.

Press is great to get the bearing out and also a nice pair of snap ring pliers as the one that holds the wheel bearing is hefty.

Incomplete but has what you need:

Wheel Bearing DIY
can I do alignment myself or it is required other equipment? I took it somewhere today to press the bearing, I'm on my way now to buy LCA bushings, ball joints, and possibly tierod with that long bar and a front pair inexpensive Monroe shocks @ rock auto
Old 02-23-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

You can eyeball it and get it close but then you need to take it to a shop
Old 02-23-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
You can eyeball it and get it close but then you need to take it to a shop
about the tie rods, do the long bar inside tip gets really damage too or I can still go with a bit longer?

my budget is low so if there's something that can still hold on a bit longer I need it. ✌👍
Old 02-23-2019

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Are you talking about the inner tie rods?
Old 02-23-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
Are you talking about the inner tie rods?
yes that one
Old 02-23-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Andym
yes that one
I have never had to replace the inner tie rods on a Honda.

Do they even go bad lol?
Old 02-23-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat

I have never had to replace the inner tie rods on a Honda.

Do they even go bad lol?
good I needed to know an opinion, thanks 😉
by the way my radiator cap inside deteriorated and broke, does the radiator requires pressure to function correctly? Does it affect in any other way the performance of the engine. Im ordering one new
Old 02-24-2019

Originally Posted by Andym
does the radiator requires pressure to function correctly?
Yes, Denso is the oe brand