Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Clutch adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OKCEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch adjustment

In the process of getting my 03 back on the road. Been out of commission for 9 years. Recently replaced input shaft bearings, seals, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, all clutch bearings and rear main seal among other small things. My issue is the clutch engagement is extremely tight. Difficult to change gears and engagement is damn near to the floor. Bled the system with some improvement but still difficult to shift. I have. A new master and Slavs on the way in hopes this remedies the issue. My question is, is there any adjustment within the system other than the clutch pedal height? Thx in advance
Old 05-17-2019
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Clutch adjustment

Sounds like you have air in the system.

Practically impossible to properly bleed air out of the clutch system without 2 people or a vacuum bleeder.

When I changed my clutch, I was pumping chocolate looking clutch fluid out for ages till it got clear.
Old 05-17-2019
Registered!!

Thx for the response. However I’m certain there’s no air in the system. I did have a second person when bleeding the system. There is some minimal play in the slave plunger which makes me think it could be worn. The car has less than 90k miles. I’m the original owner so I know what the car has been through. I did have a HD ACT clutch prior to the rebuild so I’m not sure if that pressure plate caused damage to the fork or slave. Wouldn’t think so... everything looked normal when going back together
Old 05-17-2019
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

It’s hydraulic and by design automatically adjusts itself.

A bent fork, would change the angles of the system so you would end up with less “throw” .

What clutch kit did you use?
Old 05-17-2019
Registered!!

Went back to a stock clutch