Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Help finding & replace parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2022
Trixxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trixxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Help finding & replace parts

I need help to fix my engine, there are things wrong and I don’t know much, this wire clip is melted off so I know I need to replace this. I recently put new radiator,different battery, coil pack (1), and it seems to me that who had this before has not replaced all the brackets and bolts cause some are missing

Not my engine, just clear photo showing the item I believe I need new and so what does it do and how do I fix
Old 07-30-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,450 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Help finding & replace parts

several parts in there...
can you post a pic of your engine for reference?

moved thread to mechanical issues/engine
The following users liked this post:
Trixxx (08-01-2022)
Old 07-31-2022
Trixxx

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
several parts in there...
can you post a pic of your engine for reference?

moved thread to mechanical issues/engine

I think it could be the ECT sensor
Old 08-01-2022
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Yes, that is a coolant temperature sensor. In order for that to melt it would have to get way hot. Is the engine overheating?
Colin42 (08-01-2022)
Old 08-01-2022
Trixxx

yes overheating is a problem, just put new radiator in.

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
Yes, that is a coolant temperature sensor. In order for that to melt it would have to get way hot. Is the engine overheating?
Old 08-01-2022
Super Moderator

BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Are you aware that failed head gaskets are very common on these engines?

If that is the melted connector, it appears to still be in decent shape to me.
Colin42 (08-01-2022)
Old 08-01-2022
Trixxx

no I am not aware. I was sold this car believeing I would be able to drive it and easy up keep. Now I have a car I can’t drive and more problems than I can understand

Are you aware that failed head gaskets are very common on these engines?

If that is the melted connector, it appears to still be in decent shape to me.
Old 08-02-2022
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Trixxx
no I am not aware. I was sold this car believeing I would be able to drive it and easy up keep. Now I have a car I can’t drive and more problems than I can understand
Unfortunately, that happens often. If the coolant system is properly filled, the overheating may not show up during a test drive. See the below thread for more info. You can easily test the head gasket using instructions in the post. Don't waste any more money throwing other parts at it until you get this test done.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...reference.html
Old 08-02-2022
Trixxx

Unfortunately, that happens often. If the coolant system is properly filled, the overheating may not show up during a test drive. See the below thread for more info. You can easily test the head gasket using instructions in the post. Don't waste any more money throwing other parts at it until you get this test done.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...reference.html

ok I’m going to get on that right now, this car was supposed to be the thing that turned my life back towards positive…. I been trying to just get a car and drive back to Florida and be with my daughter again
Old 08-02-2022
Super Moderator

These can still be very liable if taken care of. The head gasket in my car went around 170k miles. I then took it to 250k before swapping in a bigger engine. I still drive it today with 322k miles.

If you're experienced enough, you can DIY the head gasket too for around $300. It is by no means an easy job though, and it has to be done carefully or the issue will come back quickly.

Last edited by BrotatoChip; 08-02-2022 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-02-2022
Trixxx

I am not experienced, honestly just trying to wrap my head around this test thing in the link